Recent content by igor_kavinski

  1. I

    Sony Is Attempting to Patent Using AI So That Bosses Can Learn and Adapt to Player Strategies

    Seems too generic a thing to be patent-able. It's kinda like patenting an algorithm. Reminds me of this spider that would learn from how you guided it through the environment and would stop trusting you and start hesitating a lot if you got it killed over and over...
  2. I

    Tradepub ebooks (updated weekly)

    https://javacodegeeks.tradepub.com/free/w_wile929/prgm.cgi https://javacodegeeks.tradepub.com/free/w_wile928/prgm.cgi https://javacodegeeks.tradepub.com/free/w_aice124/prgm.cgi https://javacodegeeks.tradepub.com/free/w_aice125/prgm.cgi
  3. I

    The Witcher 3 Remastered Launches Today Bringing Updated Visuals and Game Mechanics to the Game Originally Released in 2015

    How about checking the desktop with power saving profile? Maybe the 5090 drivers will make it behave then?
  4. I

    The Witcher 3 Remastered Launches Today Bringing Updated Visuals and Game Mechanics to the Game Originally Released in 2015

    OK, **** it. I will send your forum post URL to Gamers Nexus and Techspot and DF and Videocardz and igorslab and TPU. Did I miss anyone big?
  5. I

    The Witcher 3 Remastered Launches Today Bringing Updated Visuals and Game Mechanics to the Game Originally Released in 2015

    The conspiracy theorist inside me says that is by design. GPU dead? RMA will be rejected. You repair at your own expense. But would you want to keep running the repaired GPU? Most will not want that because that will make them feel poor. So they sell it off and get an expensive 900W model. Who...
  6. I

    The Witcher 3 Remastered Launches Today Bringing Updated Visuals and Game Mechanics to the Game Originally Released in 2015

    Guess the GPU pipeline is not as involved in DLSS5 computations. The tensor cores are eating up all the power. Limiting fps probably increases the power budget for them and maybe you are getting slightly better results doing that. Maybe experiment with limiting fps even more and see how much...
  7. I

    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5090 on Lockdown at Micro Center as It Is Reportedly Requiring Customers to Provide ID and Sign a No-Export Declaration

    It really doesn't matter in the end. Just like shadow banking, the vast majority of illegal exports have plenty of routes to get to their destination. Reminds me of how pathetic Western Union compliance was when my company used to be an agent for them. $1000 transactions would become available...
  8. I

    Copilot+ PCs Dead on Arrival as Microsoft and Qualcomm Step Back on Its Branding for the Latest Round of Surface Devices

    If you want instant gratification, use Geekbench AI. It worked with my ex-245KF's NPU. It was nice to see some activity on it for a change.
  9. I

    Copilot+ PCs Dead on Arrival as Microsoft and Qualcomm Step Back on Its Branding for the Latest Round of Surface Devices

    https://www.pcworld.com/article/2905178/ai-on-the-notebook-these-tools-already-use-the-new-npu-technology.html https://www.windowscentral.com/artificial-intelligence/apps-use-npu-ai-pcs https://github.com/justADeni/intel-npu-llm
  10. I

    The Witcher 3 Remastered Launches Today Bringing Updated Visuals and Game Mechanics to the Game Originally Released in 2015

    Ah. It makes perfect sense now. Nvidia is trying to kill 5090 cards in the field as much as it can so it can drive up their prices even more and then say, oops, we are pulling out of the consumer market coz consumers can't afford this shiny polished turd anymore!
  11. I

    Copilot+ PCs Dead on Arrival as Microsoft and Qualcomm Step Back on Its Branding for the Latest Round of Surface Devices

    They are supposed to help with battery life when using Teams or Zoom, particularly on Snapdragon laptops. Don't know what the gains are since I don't think anyone has tested that feature properly. Then again, I didn't go and read every in-depth Snapdragon laptop review either.
  12. I

    Tradepub ebooks (updated weekly)

    https://javacodegeeks.tradepub.com/free/w_aice188/prgm.cgi https://javacodegeeks.tradepub.com/free/w_aice214/prgm.cgi https://javacodegeeks.tradepub.com/free/w_aice238/prgm.cgi https://javacodegeeks.tradepub.com/free/w_aice179/prgm.cgi https://javacodegeeks.tradepub.com/free/w_aice231/prgm.cgi...
Become a Patron!
Back
Top