Recent content by MadMummy76

  1. MadMummy76

    Sony Wants to Make It Easier for You to Pay by Adding Credit Card Processing to Its Controllers

    I think this is specifically targeting children. Just swipe your granny's credit card and go wild.
  2. MadMummy76

    Sony Wants to Make It Easier for You to Pay by Adding Credit Card Processing to Its Controllers

    Dear Sony, it's not that we can't figure out how to pay, it's that you're offering nothing we'd want to buy.
  3. MadMummy76

    AM4 Refuses to Die: The Ryzen 5 5500F Finally Hits US Shelves (for $20 Over MSRP) as 9-Year-Old A320 Boards Get Fresh BIOS

    It will crash and burn epically. There are rumors, well more than rumors now, that they can't even turn on even half the GPUs they are hoarding. It either sits in warehouses, or installed but without power to turn them on, or maybe only exist as a committent. Oracle just invoked force majeure on...
  4. MadMummy76

    AM4 Refuses to Die: The Ryzen 5 5500F Finally Hits US Shelves (for $20 Over MSRP) as 9-Year-Old A320 Boards Get Fresh BIOS

    I guess everyone who didn't already switch to DDR5 last year will be holding on to DDR4 for the foreseeable future.
  5. MadMummy76

    PNY Says Your PSU’s Own 12V-2×6 Cable Voids Your RTX 5090 Warranty

    Far from overblown, it hasn't blown up enough to force nvidia to ditch this giant POS power delivery method.
  6. MadMummy76

    Marvel’s Wolverine Is Slashing PS5 Sales Records Despite Unflattering Early Reviews

    This is the same spin-job that the MCU does. "It is the most successful thing since the last thing" “I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself” ― Winston S. Churchill
  7. MadMummy76

    New Xbox CEO Reportedly Told Employees That “Game Pass Has Become Too Expensive for Players”

    You're right I don't know, but neither does Microsoft, since in order to find out we'd need an alternative universe to check what happens if it's not on games pass. So best we can do is an educated guess. One thing is for sure, it's not enough to tank a game that would be a success otherwise...
  8. MadMummy76

    Probably Bound to Happen: Increased Power Draw for DLSS 5 Reportedly Claims Its First Victim After a User Finds an RTX 5090 with a Melted Power Ada...

    I'm curious whether the melting ever happened on lower tier cards, as in something that is not a 3090, 4090 or 5090.
  9. MadMummy76

    New Xbox CEO Reportedly Told Employees That “Game Pass Has Become Too Expensive for Players”

    Companies love it, because it is a smaller recurring budgetable expense, instead of one giant up-front invoice. But do actual users love it? I highly doubt that. Enterprise buys a ton of software licenses that never gets used, that's just a fact. So the actual users might seem like a vocal...
  10. MadMummy76

    New Xbox CEO Reportedly Told Employees That “Game Pass Has Become Too Expensive for Players”

    Paul Tassi is clueless, yes, I've said it. His opinions are no better than the average reddit user's, his just happens to be published on big name legacy media. It has been proven time and time again, that games pass is irrelevant in the greater scheme of things. Starfield was on it day 1, and...
  11. MadMummy76

    New Xbox CEO Reportedly Told Employees That “Game Pass Has Become Too Expensive for Players”

    I would not be surprised if the next console gen would be the last, then it's only thin clients from then on.
  12. MadMummy76

    New Xbox CEO Reportedly Told Employees That “Game Pass Has Become Too Expensive for Players”

    I have a bad feeling that the industry is heading towards dropping the option to buy games altogether. It will be all subscription and only subscription. You want to play Day 1 title? You pay $29.99 for the first month, then recurring payment of $19.99 second month, gradually dropping to $4.99 /...
Become a Patron!
Back
Top