Recent content by Peter_Brosdahl

  1. Peter_Brosdahl

    Used PlayStation 5 Pro Consoles Going for up to $1,499 at GameStop as New Inventory Disappears Ahead of GTA VI Launch

    It's because the PS5 Pro, at least on paper, is noticeably more powerful than the Xbox but I can't attest to the experience.
  2. Peter_Brosdahl

    NVIDIA Shield TV Pro Gets a $100 Price Increase Bringing It to $299 as the Non-Pro Version Ceases Production

    Haven't really seen anyone reporting on it, but it makes me curious what the various sticks are going for now vs. their original MSRPs. It's not like they're going to be exempt from memory cost increases.
  3. Peter_Brosdahl

    German Power Company Is Selling Monthly Flat-Rate Plans Aimed at Gamers and Power-Hungry PCs

    It’s no secret that the cost of a high-end gaming setup, or one built for computationally intensive tasks, is only the beginning, as the digital mouth starts feeding from the wall socket. With a single GPU such as the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5090 capable of pulling more than 600W, and then a CPU...
  4. Peter_Brosdahl

    Used PlayStation 5 Pro Consoles Going for up to $1,499 at GameStop as New Inventory Disappears Ahead of GTA VI Launch

    We haven’t even reached the holidays yet, and new PlayStation 5 Pro stock is already beginning to disappear from the shelves, leading to outrageous pricing for used models. It seems that the reality of waiting it out for the PlayStation 6 until late 2027 or early 2028 is too much to bear for...
  5. Peter_Brosdahl

    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5090 Gets Two 8-Pin Connectors Added to Its 16-Pin PCB Header and Testing Shows All Wires Staying Below 40°C Under Load

    Agreed, never my strongest skill but I really do like what they did here.
  6. Peter_Brosdahl

    NVIDIA Shield TV Pro Gets a $100 Price Increase Bringing It to $299 as the Non-Pro Version Ceases Production

    The NVIDIA Shield TV Pro has just received a major price hike and now costs $299 for those wanting to own the premium streaming device. The first Shield TV launched in 2015 and has received updates in 2017 and 2019, with the launch of the Shield TV Pro for $199. The base non-Pro model is […]...
  7. Peter_Brosdahl

    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5090 Gets Two 8-Pin Connectors Added to Its 16-Pin PCB Header and Testing Shows All Wires Staying Below 40°C Under Load

    An individual has come up with their own solution for the melting 12VHPWR/12V-2×6 cable issue by adding two 8-pin connectors to the 16-pin header. Reddit user DallasGrave has modded their MSI GeForce RTX 5090 by adding a PCB with two 8-pin connectors, with its wires then soldered onto the same...
  8. Peter_Brosdahl

    The Witcher 3 Remastered Launches Today Bringing Updated Visuals and Game Mechanics to the Game Originally Released in 2015

    Forgot to mention that I locked 70 FPS from NV CP instead of the game menu, and it's performing as it should as well.
  9. Peter_Brosdahl

    The Witcher 3 Remastered Launches Today Bringing Updated Visuals and Game Mechanics to the Game Originally Released in 2015

    The previous Windows power profile was balanced but I think I'm just going to leave it here moving forward. One more trick in the save the 5090 toolbox, lol!
  10. Peter_Brosdahl

    The Witcher 3 Remastered Launches Today Bringing Updated Visuals and Game Mechanics to the Game Originally Released in 2015

    Was thinking the same and just tried it. Wow! That did the trick, combined with everything else. DLSS Quality +MFGx1 + Path Tracing on = 225-250W DLAA with same settings still hitting upwards of 400W but no longer hammering hit, GPU usage hanging 85-95%
  11. Peter_Brosdahl

    The Witcher 3 Remastered Launches Today Bringing Updated Visuals and Game Mechanics to the Game Originally Released in 2015

    I figure sooner or later CDPR will get a patch out, but still the weirdest thing I've seen yet. I fired this up on the laptop (rtx 5090 mobile which I know is a custom 5080 die) last night and used the same DLSS Balanced/Path on/MFGx1 and it averaged around 100 FPS at 4K but here's the funny...
  12. Peter_Brosdahl

    Metro 2033 + Last Light Redux Next-Gen Updates Announced with 4K Textures, Spatial Audio, and Other Modern Features

    I think most of us here are at a point where we'd all like to RMA something.
  13. Peter_Brosdahl

    The Witcher 3 Remastered Launches Today Bringing Updated Visuals and Game Mechanics to the Game Originally Released in 2015

    I've thought about it, and I'm sure David would be up for it, but between family, work, and everything else, there's just not enough time. Thanks for the support, though!
Become a Patron!
Back
Top