Oscar Isaac In Negotiations to Play Moon Knight, Marvel’s Version of Batman

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
moon-knight-vengeance-of-the-moon-knight-cover-1024x576.jpg
Image: Moon Knight

Deadline has learned that Star Wars alum Oscar Isaac is being pursued for the titular role in Disney and Marvel’s upcoming streaming series, Moon Knight, which tells the story of Marc Spector: an ex-Marine and CIA agent who becomes a caped superhero after being blessed by the powers of Egyptian moon god Khonshu.

“Jeremy Slater, who developed and wrote Netflix’s series adaptation of The Umbrella Academy comic books, has been tapped to develop and lead the writing team on the series for the streamer, Deadline reported.

While Moon Knight is relatively unknown outside of comic book circles, the involvement of Isaac – who’s made a name for himself in critically acclaimed features such as Ex Machina – should help propel the character into the public...

Continue reading...

I was a huge fan of the original comics back in the early '80s, before the countless restarts etc. He actually was an ex-military turned merc who got involved in some shady deals. One of which left him in a predicament with Khonshu. Actually met Bill Sienkiewicz, the original artist for this and New Mutants, at a comic con years back. Cool guy.

I have enjoyed quite a few Oscar Isaac performances. It’s a shame he got roped into the new Star Wars trilogy abomination. Let’s hope the writing in this series lets him stretch those acting chops.

I had to look up the name. I wasn't sure who the hell he was off hand.

Become a Patron!
Back