NVIDIA Could Be Planning a GeForce RTX 3050

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
nvidia-rtx-ampere-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

If rumors surrounding NVIDIA’s future releases were a drinking game, we’d all be sloshed by now. The latest comes from well-known leaker kopite7kimi. It is about a possible NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050. To date, this would be the lowest entry-level card for the GeForce RTX Ampere lineup.

RTX 3050, GA107-300, 2304FP32, 90W TGP— kopite7kimi4virgil (@kopite7kimi) November 9, 2020

Breaking this down, we have a GA107 GPU with a 90 W TGP and 2,304 CUDA Cores (twice as many as the GTX 1650). No memory specs have been announced, but it is believed to have 4 GB on a 128-bit bus. Let’s take a look at the growing list of rumored cards and specs, compiled from our stories and information from...

Continue reading...

Here's hoping for a low profile (LP) version so tiny case users have something other than the 1050ti to look at.

Wonder if this model will have more than a paper launch?

Here's hoping for a low profile (LP) version so tiny case users have something other than the 1050ti to look at.
90w... If it was 70w we could use without a PSU/pcie connector ;). My server has dual PSU's but they plug right into motherboard and don't have connectors. Without some soldering I'm pretty limited on what I can install in my Plex server.

90w... If it was 70w we could use without a PSU/pcie connector ;). My server has dual PSU's but they plug right into motherboard and don't have connectors. Without some soldering I'm pretty limited on what I can install in my Plex server.
I had a 1050Ti in mine for transcoding, MSI version with no power connecter. Went to my wife's system since apparently AMD can't make decent drivers for content creation and then found out that they also don't support Windows Server with their desktop parts, because why would anyone ever do that. Can't even install a basic driver.

Regardless, I'm hoping for a replacement ~70w part with the latest NVENC. That was the only real problem with the half-Turing 1600-series, that only the higher-end parts got the Turing NVENC.

Nvidia could be planning an alien invasion!!!
Its just that the launch gonna take a while.

Become a Patron!
Back