AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 9% Faster Than 5800X in Multi-Core Performance: Geekbench

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Early scores for the Ryzen 7 5800X3D have gone up on Geekbench, giving prospective owners of AMD's first desktop Ryzen CPU with 3D V-Cache technology an idea of how the chip might compare to its regular counterpart. The 8C/16T Ryzen 7 5800X3D achieved a single-core score of 1,633 and multi-core score of 11,250.

Go to post

Looking forward to performance per watt and scaling with increased cooling.

Where I'd envision the 5800X3D is in systems with a TDP that would otherwise stifle say a 5900X or 12700K, and so on.

That Dan A4 H20 along with whatever GPU can be sussed up...
For me, I'll still be sticking with my HAF X case. The SUPRIM 3090 I have won't fit in much anything else but once you have your build I'm sure it'll look snazzy. That's a nice-looking case.

Oh, I don't have one yet. Can't really make a good 'case' for purchasing one, I'm not even close to running out of computers!

It's just one of those 'it'd be nice to build one of these' ideas, along the lines of a CPU that you cannot overclock that would probably reach 99% of its potential with a 240mm AIO.

Now, for reference, my 'desktop' ITX setup currently hosts an 8700K in an also Lian Li-built Cryorig Taku. Someday I'm going to take a dremel to it so it can breathe...

Become a Patron!
Back