MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Ti SUPRIM X Pictured with 3.5-Slot Design, 16-Pin Power Connector, and 480-Watt TDP

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Can a graphics card be so thick that it borders on being obnoxious? That's a question that's been raised again by MSI's GeForce RTX 3090 Ti SUPRIM X, a premium version of NVIDIA's upcoming flagship graphics card that will take up not two, not three, but nearly four slots in height.

Go to post

I'm not really surprised by this. I've got a 3090 Suprim and that thing barely fit in my HAF X case. Considering how gigantic that case is I was truly shocked.

I will say that it is one of the best cards I've ever been lucky enough to own. It cools better and is consequently quieter than the Strix 3090 I previously had in the same rig. At stock settings, it's nearly silent, and even when fully OCd, with fans maxed, it isn't too bad plus it easily hits upwards of 2100 MHz for the core and with mem at just over 21 GHz.

Mow the question is does it have blanks or a support bracket thst comes with it to help alleviate load on the PCIE socket? Because a card thst heavy and big has to have a way to relieve stress from the pcie port.

I'd like to know how much this thing weighs. And yyyeeeaaahhh, like Grimlakin said, a card like this definitely needs some extra support when used in a typical tower case.

Mine came with a solid steel(carbon?) rod/stand that's adjustable. Simple but easy to adjust. I ended up not needing it because the card ran all the way to the drive cage with barely 1 or 2 mm to spare so it fit snuggly and there's no way it'll sag. These cards are solidly built too. It made any of the other cards I've had, including that Strix 3090, just feel cheaply constructed.

Did a quick check on MSI's site and the 3090 weighs 1895 grams or roughly 4.2 lbs. I'd expect the 3090 Ti to be similar.

Mow the question is does it have blanks or a support bracket thst comes with it to help alleviate load on the PCIE socket? Because a card thst heavy and big has to have a way to relieve stress from the pcie port.
I use one from Cooler Master for our case reviews, and have one from 'upHere' for my 3080 12GB FTW3 that uses adjacent slots as there's no where to put something that extends up from the bottom of the case in my O11 Dynamic XL.

The O11 Dynamic XL even comes with a very cheap one that uses the motherboard standoffs, but unfortunately the shape of EVGAs FTW3 PCB prevents its use.

Become a Patron!
Back