NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti Founders Edition and More Custom Models Pictured, 5% to 10% Faster Than GeForce RTX 3090 at 4K, Might Cost “Only” $1...

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
A handful of official product shots for NVIDIA's GeForce RTX 3090 Ti Founders Edition have leaked, giving us a good look at what is presumably green team's final Ampere-based flagship graphics card for gamers.

Go to post

Wow I know a guy that recently got a 3090 for 2k... oh who am I kidding this will be scalper bait and sell on stealbay for a minimum of 3k.

I thought my 3090 Aorus Master was a thick card, but these cards make it look like the after picture on those slim fast commercials.

Considering EVGA's card the FTW3 model 3090ti is selling for 2200... I don't think we will see these below 2k... until the 4000 series is out and somewhat mature and sitting on shelves.

I still have zero interest in getting one of these but I did find the TechPowerUp review for the ASUS liquid-cooled card interesting. It, unfortunately, proved that a 280mm radiator for something like this is barely up to the task(they said it worked but got really loud). I've always said that if I ever did a custom loop for a GPU there'd be at least a 360 or 420. However, it's nice seeing something straight from the factory right off the bat. Sometimes it can take months before AIBs rollout their LC card variants. I also found it interesting that ASUS included BIOS that allowed a power increase that brought the TDP to ~516 Watts while the MSI SUPRIM (Guru3d) did not.

If going custom loop for CPU and GPU it's worth going dual radiator. A single radiator works, but you'll have to crank the fans up which defeats the purpose, in my opinion, of having it cool and quiet.

If going custom loop for CPU and GPU it's worth going dual radiator. A single radiator works, but you'll have to crank the fans up which defeats the purpose, in my opinion, of having it cool and quiet.
Yep. That's kind of what TechPowerUp was alluding to. Sure the solution from ASUS worked but they had to crank the fans to keep the card in line and it got loud.

I really wanted to get an AIB LC card with the 3090s but I simply could not find one that had a custom PCB that would allow for increased TDP. They mostly were all reference design boards which, while nice, may not have let me fully crank the core to it's highest potential. Since I do have a Strix OC 3090 I did see that both EKWB and Blyski both made full blocks for it and that would've been really cool but by the time I created the full custom loop I was looking at around $1K+ to get up and rolling.

I'm hoping that when the 4090s rollout that some AIB will release one with a custom PCB and LC so I'll have some more options. It'd be nice if all I had to do was disconnect their radiator and connect the lines to a custom loop.

Yep. That's kind of what TechPowerUp was alluding to. Sure the solution from ASUS worked but they had to crank the fans to keep the card in line and it got loud.

I really wanted to get an AIB LC card with the 3090s but I simply could not find one that had a custom PCB that would allow for increased TDP. They mostly were all reference design boards which, while nice, may not have let me fully crank the core to it's highest potential. Since I do have a Strix OC 3090 I did see that both EKWB and Blyski both made full blocks for it and that would've been really cool but by the time I created the full custom loop I was looking at around $1K+ to get up and rolling.

I'm hoping that when the 4090s rollout that some AIB will release one with a custom PCB and LC so I'll have some more options. It'd be nice if all I had to do was disconnect their radiator and connect the lines to a custom loop.

You're not wrong. Cost me about $1k to go full custom GPU/CPU, dual rads, pump/res, fittings, fans. It ain't cheap. But, when I'm gaming and my 2080Ti barely breaks 40c while being nice and quiet...it was worth it. :cool:

Become a Patron!
Back