Sabrent 8 TB Rocket 4 Plus NVMe 4.0 M.2 SSD Now Available for $1,499

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Looking for a speedy M.2 NVMe SSD that can fit your entire Steam library? Your search may be over, as Sabrent has released an 8 TB version of its ultra-fast Rocket 4 Plus SSD that features the same great speeds as its siblings but with a massive bump in capacity.

Go to post

I looe thr capacity but not for the price. Considering I paid like 270 for 2tb I understand 4x capacity would need more money. But thst would be closer to 1k than this price.

It's probably because it needs some enterprise class controller and they are not caring about the consumer market.

I guess the industry still just doesn't get it. Storage will never be considered a "must-have" premium item to the vast majority of consumers and they could ask for triple the price but only a very small handful of enthusiasts/creators would be interested.

Until these devices could be purchased at your nearest chain retail store, tech growth will stay dormant for another 10-years+.

Last edited:
I dropped a 2 TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe drive in my laptop last summer. At first I was a little concerned about it not being big enough but at the time that was all I could afford for that project. Happy to say that 2 TB is plenty. After a week of installing around 2-3 dozen games on it, many of which are 30-80+ GB, I still have quite a bit of room on it. Sure 4 TB would be nice but it would be overkill. 2 TB is a nice and affordable sweet spot. When it comes to gaming I'm not sure what I would do with 8 TB.

I could see 8 TB being useful for content creators but at that price, almost no one will bother. I've got an 8 TB HDD for a Kodibox and a white label 6 TB HDD in an old rig for media backups. Media is about the only thing that would make sense in using a single drive like this and these days there are plenty of decently priced large-sized HDDs available for media content.

I looe thr capacity but not for the price. Considering I paid like 270 for 2tb I understand 4x capacity would need more money. But thst would be closer to 1k than this price.

It's probably because it needs some enterprise class controller and they are not caring about the consumer market.
I agree, but density has always carried some premium - that's even true in the HDD space; it just isn't as steep of a curve.

This also has the "only one of it's kind" premium attached to it. If WD or Samsung or anyone came out with an 8TB competition, I'm sure prices would start to come down.

I agree, but density has always carried some premium - that's even true in the HDD space; it just isn't as steep of a curve.

This also has the "only one of it's kind" premium attached to it. If WD or Samsung or anyone came out with an 8TB competition, I'm sure prices would start to come down.
As we all know, give it some time and it'll happen. I'm sure we all remember how SSDs were premium, at first, and it was sometimes difficult to find a consumer drive above 128 GB for $200 or less back in the day.

Become a Patron!
Back