Developer Creates Superman-Inspired Character in Unreal Engine 5 City Sample

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Amber Studio's Volod has been tinkering with the new Unreal 5 Engine City Sample. Derived from The Matrix Awakens: An Unreal Engine 5 Experience, it features a city with buildings, vehicles, and people.

Go to post

I find the character powers more akin to NEO, than superman.

While that is neat to see.... want to impress me? Make it so you can get INTO those cars. Make it so that the buildings you can fly through a window and see what is IN those buildings and interact with them.

We've had games where you can fly around a 'city' where all of the buildings might as well be carved rocks with painted on windows. It's time for this engine to show us what the NEXT level can be. I don't care if the interior contents are procedurally generated. I don't expect a team to meticulously plot out the floor of every building in a city. I DO want to see something next generation where the interior of the building can be blasted through, interacted with, and such.

While that is neat to see.... want to impress me? Make it so you can get INTO those cars. Make it so that the buildings you can fly through a window and see what is IN those buildings and interact with them.

We've had games where you can fly around a 'city' where all of the buildings might as well be carved rocks with painted on windows. It's time for this engine to show us what the NEXT level can be. I don't care if the interior contents are procedurally generated. I don't expect a team to meticulously plot out the floor of every building in a city. I DO want to see something next generation where the interior of the building can be blasted through, interacted with, and such.
baby steps
:LOL: :p :giggle:

Weren't voxels supposed to do all that and more? Apart from the fact that most voxel games look like 8-bit garbage, anyway. Another buzzword that has come and gone, I guess.

We've has amazing cityscapes. Now I want amazing cityscapes with buildings you can enter and leave. I would love l play a zombie game where every building is potentially a hideaway. Oh wait zombie games have this. Why can't super hero games? Too many objects? Well isn't thst what this new engine is all about?

Yeah, I think we can all agree on the need to evolve cityscapes that have much more interactivity. Whether it's a medieval fantasy, present-day, future cyberpunk type game, or even a space station, I think we're all pretty bored with 'static' doors/structures.

Become a Patron!
Back