Saints Row Ultimate Customization Trailer Released, Teasing Nudity Emojis and More

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Wishing you could run around naked with nothing but an emoji covering your private parts in Volition's upcoming Saints Row reboot? An ultimate customization trailer released by the developer today can confirm that players should be able to do exactly that when they jump into the game's character creator at the beginning of their journey, which, as showcased in the 4K video, is chock full of options that range from the usual settings (e.g., hair styles and clothing) to zanier stuff like nudity emojis, elf ears, and metal teeth grills.

Go to post

Looks fun... is it multiplayer? Because it seems like it would be the way they were talking.

ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT PRE ORDER.

Seems like they took the right cues from the previous trailer backlash. Nope, they didn't.

Something is screwy in the comments section of the video. It's very strange how almost every comment hits some of the exact same talking points:

1. Mention how cool this looks
  2. Mention that this is the most in-depth customization of any saints row to date
  3. Say "I can't wait"

Sounds more like a marketing script than comments actual humans would make. Tell me they ain't buying comments?
Will they also buy their own game then?

Last edited:
Seems like they took the right cues from the previous trailer backlash. Nope, they didn't.

Something is screwy in the comments section of the video. It's very strange how almost every comment hits some of the exact same talking points:

1. Mention how cool this looks
  2. Mention that this is the most in-depth customization of any saints row to date
  3. Say "I can't wait"

Sounds more like a marketing script than comments actual humans would make. Tell me they ain't buying comments?
Will they also buy their own game then?
I agree. Everything about this game is kind of all over the map. Sort of feels like they already committed to a direction, experienced the backlash, and are now trying multiple solutions to either market it or maybe do some last-minute tweaks in order for it not to flop. I'm still curious about it but it is strange. However, strange was what I always thought about this franchise. For years I never even tried playing it because I couldn't figure out what the h*** it was about.

I agree. Everything about this game is kind of all over the map. Sort of feels like they already committed to a direction, experienced the backlash, and are now trying multiple solutions to either market it or maybe do some last-minute tweaks in order for it not to flop. I'm still curious about it but it is strange. However, strange was what I always thought about this franchise. For years I never even tried playing it because I couldn't figure out what the h*** it was about.
I accidentally bumped into the second game, I think someone recommended it. It was generally terrible, but the way it made fun of GTA was cool.
The third tried to take itself a bit more seriously, plus the graphics and controls graduated from garbage tier to a mediocre level, so that was the best part of the series, and the only one I actually completed. SRIV went off the rails completely, totally crazy and over the top, but that actually made it boring and uninspired. Which is about what I expect from this game too.

The customization aspect was always a staple of the series, so them touting it as new for this instalment is really weird, like they don't know their own franchise. I think most of the advertised character customisation features were already in SR3 and 4, maybe even 2.

Become a Patron!
Back