CNN+ Being Shut Down Just Weeks after Launching

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Variety has learned that Warner Bros. Discovery will be pulling the plug on CNN+ on April 30. The decision may not surprise anyone who has been following the service's performance, as the platform wasn't even able to draw more than 10,000 users on a daily basis after its debut late last month.

Go to post

1650573465088.png

Hilarious. When I first saw CNN+ only articles, I was like screw that noise. Did it even last a month?

People want another subscription service like another hole in the head.

Doesn't help that the Discovery buyout finalized right after they launched as well. They should have just merged it into D+ or HBO Max as a channel... since those two services are merging together here shortly anyway.

Fox could probably have gotten away with a separate news streaming service, provided they could get their main demographics to figure out how to make accounts and log in on a computer without a cable box being involved. Everyone else in the news industry - yeah, no.

Hmm... Who knew "making up your own (fake) news" as you go would eventually kill off your revenue?! 😏

they're ratings are in the toilet as it is. This had zero chance of being successful before it was even developed.

I must've blinked because I didn't even know this was a thing. Seriously though, is "+" the only thing anyone can think of for streaming service titles anymore?

Become a Patron!
Back