NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 “Confirmed” to Feature 600-Watt TBP

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Reinforcing ongoing rumors, Moore's Law Is Dead has returned in a new video claiming that NVIDIA's upcoming Lovelace-based flagship, the GeForce RTX 4090, will feature a relatively ridiculous TBP of 600 watts. This is a 150-watt increase over the specifications of green team's current gaming champion, the GeForce RTX 3090 Ti, which finally released last month and is the first GPU to feature the new 12+4-pin 12VHPWR power connector.

Go to post

So lets see if I get this:
1) You need to be insanely rich to buy one from a scalper or super lucky to get one of the five that are sold to a non-scalper.
2) You will also need to be independently wealthy to pay the electric bill - or at least put on several more solar panels on the roof just to reduce the cost.

At least in the winter I wont need to turn on my heater.

Halo card. Not intended for mass consumption.

All of a sudden I see a possible use for the Lian Li O11 Dynamic's dual PSU mounts. One PSU for the graphics card, another for the rest of the system.

I thought it was TDP, does TBP stand for thermobaric ?
Might be 'Total Board Power', though I'm not sure on the 'T', that's usually 'Thermal'. Current aftermarket GPUs can easily pull 450W, and they can cool it pretty darn well too - so 600W isn't as much of a stretch as one would think.

All of a sudden I see a possible use for the Lian Li O11 Dynamic's dual PSU mounts. One PSU for the graphics card, another for the rest of the system.
I'm thinking my RM1000X might not be enough for one of these and the 12700K with a custom loop... but I do have plenty of spares laying around. Need to do a fan swap on one of the 850W TX units and it'd be good to go.

Become a Patron!
Back