Ubisoft Draws Buyout Interest from Private Equity Firms

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Bloomberg reports that Blackstone, KKR, and other private equity firms are studying Ubisoft for a potential buyout. Ubisoft's stock rose by 11% following news of the report. Representatives for Blackstone and KKR declined to comment, and Ubisoft hasn't entered any serious talks.

Go to post

I suspect Ubisoft will be purchased. They have an established if small storefront, a couple decent IP's to work with. If they need capital to overcome a hurdle and fresh direction to keep them in the market I don't see this as a bad thing... yet... ACTIVISION STAY AWAY!! lol

I suspect Ubisoft will be purchased. They have an established if small storefront, a couple decent IP's to work with. If they need capital to overcome a hurdle and fresh direction to keep them in the market I don't see this as a bad thing... yet... ACTIVISION STAY AWAY!! lol
They have decent ips that they don't do anything with, or anything worth a ****. There was no splinter cell game apart from some mobile crap for almost 10 years. Rainbox Six didn't have a proper entry since Vegas 2 14 years ago.

It doesn't matter who buys them, (as long as it is not blackrock) what matters is that they put the right people in charge.

Become a Patron!
Back