Prey, Jotun: Valhalla Edition, and Redout: Enhanced Edition Are Free on the Epic Games Store

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Epic Games Store is currently offering not one, not two, but three free games for PC gamers to add to their growing libraries at no cost.

Go to post

That's a pretty solid list.. I'll have to grab those later tonight.

Yeah, I wasn't impressed with Prey either. I really wanted to like it. It checked a lot of boxes for me but after a bit, I felt like I was back playing Dead Space 3, backtracking to every door or section that I passed before plus a little more outside the station stuff. I tried to get into it, multiple times, but never did. I tried again just last month, and I even bought the game at release, but still couldn't get into it.

I'm not saying the game is horrible, just that I never got engaged with it. I felt the same way with Control which I bought at a discount, at least, about a year after release. Pretty much feel the same about both games. The only other game that's happened to me, more recently, is Death Stranding. That's another I really wanted to like but about 4-6 hours into it I just wasn't having that much fun and the grind got really boring.

Jotun looks interesting though. I might grab that.

I grabbed Redout EE the other day when I saw it for free. It plays very well on my laptop, meaning the GPU requirements aren't that high.

BUT the game is buggy and crashes a lot. Unknown if this is the Extreme Edition additions, or integration into EGS. But it crashed to desktop on me after every other race with generic errors. I googled and reddit says same thing. Supposedly the devs are working on it.

It's good enough to scratch my Wipeout itch and a plus it runs good on my laptop.

Prey.... I think I now have this on Steam and Epic and Playstation. I have tried to get into it and it just doesn't grab me.

Become a Patron!
Back