Star Wars: Andor Showrunner Sets the Background for New Series

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Star Wars: Andor showrunner and Bourne writer Tony Gilroy has shared new details of his Disney+ series with Vanity Fair.

Go to post

A show no one asked for about a character that died in a movie we've already seen and didn't think much of anyway. Unbelievable.
I'm sure someone would argue the same thing about the Obi-Wan series.

I'm beginning to see a pattern with my viewing habits for all of the new ST, Marvel, and SW series. Sure, I put in the effort to watch them when they come out and even give some compliments here and there, but then after it's all said and done I rarely go back to rewatch any.

I'm beginning to see a pattern with my viewing habits for all of the new ST, Marvel, and SW series. Sure, I put in the effort to watch them when they come out and even give some compliments here and there, but then after it's all said and done I rarely go back to rewatch any.
Unfortunately, all of these franchises are being run into the ground by current "creatives." Even when stuff isn't that bad it's still not good. They have no reverence for what came before and they **** on the lore.
You could make that argument, but I wouldn't. Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan was actually entertaining in the prequels.

on an almost totally unrelated side note. . .was watching the latest episode of The Unexplained about curses and whatnot and there was a clip with Alec Guiness from 1977-78 where he said he told James Dean that there was something not right about his new Porche Spider and that it'd be the death of him, and well, a week later he died in it. JD should've listened to Obi-Wan!

I actually want to watch Andor, not really because of the character, but more becuase of what led to the rebellion.

I expect some obi-wan crossover a la mando/bobba. I guess they could also do a Bobba crossover too, but I don't think that's a good idea.

A show no one asked for about a character that died in a movie we've already seen and didn't think much of anyway. Unbelievable.
They make dubious quality shows that nobody wants, and they don't seem to care whether they are successful or not. For Star Wars and Marvel too. I can't help but wonder if they are a money laundering front now.

Except the obi-wan series won't be about obi-wan, but a woman who already called star wars fans racists and claimed that star wars never had black people in it. So your typical neighborhood woke lunatic.

I actually want to watch Andor, not really because of the character, but more becuase of what led to the rebellion.

I expect some obi-wan crossover a la mando/bobba. I guess they could also do a Bobba crossover too, but I don't think that's a good idea.
I'll be watching this as well. They seem to be going back to explain how things led up to the new movies/series are today which can be interesting. This is basically how Star Wars has worked from the beginning.

Except the obi-wan series won't be about obi-wan, but a woman who already called star wars fans racists and claimed that star wars never had black people in it. So your typical neighborhood woke lunatic.
The constant "bait and switch" tactics used to spread "the message" is getting old. If you have a show that uses a fan favorite legacy character that's named after that character, you might want to keep the show about the title character.

Become a Patron!
Back