NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Rumored to Launch Ahead of GeForce RTX 4080 and GeForce RTX 4070

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Enthusiasts who are expecting NVIDIA to launch its GeForce RTX 40 Series with options aside from the flagship model might be disappointed.

Go to post

That’s close to how the 3000 series launched.

I thought the 3080 and 3070 came before the 3090... but it didn't matter you couldn't get **** to start and had to get lucky then and once everything went bundle only then it was ****s creek for getting anything.

I thought the 3080 and 3070 came before the 3090
I believe the 3070 came out then so on, but not totally sure. I'm really thinking I'll be passing this generation up, but who knows.

I believe the 3070 came out then so on, but not totally sure. I'm really thinking I'll be passing this generation up, but who knows.

I think the same but.... I've had every generation since the 970 just not always Nvidia.

Bah how dare you validate data!
I knew the 3070 didn't come first, but I couldn't 100% remember if the 3080 or 3090 came first. I just remembered trying to land both online on launch day.

I knew the 3070 didn't come first, but I couldn't 100% remember if the 3080 or 3090 came first. I just remembered trying to land both online on launch day.
The 3080 and 3090 came out pretty close - not that you could get either. The 3070 was announced, but had later availability (again, not that you could get it). Other cards down the line just kind of dribbled out with several months in between announcements.

The 3080 and 3090 came out pretty close - not that you could get either. The 3070 was announced, but had later availability (again, not that you could get it). Other cards down the line just kind of dribbled out with several months in between announcements.
Yep because everyone realized Hype wasn't really needed any more.

Yeah, 3070 / 3080 / 3090 were all announced at the same time, IIRC. One of the few launch videos I've actually watched.

And always fun to point back and remind folks that Nvidia didn't, in fact, primarily target the 3090 at gamers.

To me, ever since the days of Maxwell, it's become nearly impossible to track all the launch releases beyond the first three cards. We usually see the somewhat predictable paths with the higher-end cards first, mid-to-low afterward, some refreshes, and then ending with the uber-flagship. The refresh cycles are, at times, just mind-boggling. I thought Maxwell was the worst with all the variations of the low-mid tier cards by the end. Ampere has had some of that as well. Turing got insane with the whole Super/Ti mix mash.

Yeah, 3070 / 3080 / 3090 were all announced at the same time, IIRC. One of the few launch videos I've actually watched.

And always fun to point back and remind folks that Nvidia didn't, in fact, primarily target the 3090 at gamers.
Too true. It was immediately compared to older Quadros and a number of sites even said it was a better value for content creation than gaming. From the Titans to Quadros, it created and filled a new niche market segment for those who didn't want to spend upwards, or over, of $10K for a professional-grade render machine but had far more money than the average gamer and wanted the best of both worlds.

But guys, don't you remember, the 3090 was marketed to a very specific group of gamers - 8K gamers! Because they totally exist! And the 3090 was totally capable of easily handling 8K gaming!

But guys, don't you remember, the 3090 was marketed to a very specific group of gamers - 8K gamers! Because they totally exist! And the 3090 was totally capable of easily handling 8K gaming!
...and that's why I didn't mention 8K gamers... since they don't really exist, and neither really does 8K gaming. Even 4K is still rare, statistically speaking.

Become a Patron!
Back