NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 Series Graphics Cards May Launch Later than Expected

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The rumor mill can't seem to make up its mind as to when NVIDIA might launch its next generation of GeForce gaming graphics cards.

Go to post

I swear, these rumors have the same effin pattern. I remember the same things roughly for the 10/20/30 series.
Something like:
Performance is not as expected, maybe only 25% faster.. Then another rumor were performance can be as high as double!. Same with power consumption, or something that alludes to it: rumors of very high power, or multiple connectors or big coolers, things like this, but then countered with rumors of power savings of the magical fab process they will be using. Then theres always rumors of delays or if its rumor of ahead of schedule, or related to these things, such as rumors of good yields, and ahead of schedules for the partners.
I swear, whomever is sending this " information " has it all in the same email, and just changes the series name. Its comical really.

I think it's people getting leaks or rumors too early. Like people are issuing rumors on development hardware that software engineering is writing drivers for. At that state the cards are little more than proof of concept. Large over built heavily powered and chips and coolers. As the design is finalized and the most current processes used the power envelope shrinks as well as the cooler needed to keep things in check. That's why I think the rumor mill has the cadence it does.

I think it's people getting leaks or rumors too early.
I think it's a lot of wishful thinking and just pure made up statements. You get a grain of truth in there, and 99% filler - and so long as you have that grain, you can say "SEE HA I WAS RIGHT"

I swear, these rumors have the same effin pattern. I remember the same things roughly for the 10/20/30 series.
Me too. At the end of summer and going into fall cards will launch, and performance gains might not be as great as previous rumors hinted at. 25% is about par for the course.

I'd say the only real questions will be availability and pricing.

I've noticed over the last 3-4 years that the majority of these statements come from the same 3-4 sources. I always wonder about that and what exactly is their stake with them.
I'm betting they pay for leaks so get information early... but it's all subject to change.

I'm betting they pay for leaks so get information early... but it's all subject to change.
Doubt they have to pay too much when rumorbait drives clicks through the roof.

I have no doubt that a lot (not all, but a lot) of these rumors are intentionally "leaked" though, like you say. I've long suspected all of them, and especially nVidia, from using them to manipulate their stock prices and control the narrative / misdirect around a news cycle.

Become a Patron!
Back