Scientists Develop Living Human Skin for Robots

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The fear of real-life Terminators and "cybernetic organisms" creeps a little closer with a new report from the University of Tokyo that reveals its roboticists have successfully built an articulated robot finger covered in living human skin.

Go to post

Is it actual human skin, or just a living tissue that resembles human skin?

Reason I ask is, sure, covering robots in it may be cool and all, but what about potential applications in burn wards, and other skin grafting needs?

The fear of real-life Terminators and "cybernetic organisms" creeps a little closer with a new report from the University of Tokyo that reveals its roboticists have successfully built an articulated robot finger covered in living human skin.

Go to post
You aren't supposed to watch a film like the Terminator and say to yourself: "Hey, that's a good idea. What could go wrong?"

I mean if it means wild bill doesn't have to kill people I'm for it.

Would it, I wonder, last long enough for a burn victim to start growing their own skin under it? That could be a better use for it then for robo sex toys with realistic skin.

"Hey, that's a good idea. What could go wrong?"
I swear that as I think about the scope and history of human survival it seems like the more that elements of natural selection, and threats, are removed from the equation the more people there are who have such "good ideas". Too much time on their hands.

Just saying if they can give an healthier outlet than someone forcing themselves on another person... then go for it.

Yeah and when you're done you just throw the skin suit in the washing machine.

Yeah and when you're done you just throw the skin suit in the washing machine.
Hoping they are disposable. Just throw out the old one and pop on a new one so you don't have to go long without your ... skin.

I mean, asking for a friend.

Become a Patron!
Back