The Lord of the Rings: Return to Moria Announced for PC

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
The Lord of the Rings: Return to Moria is a procedurally generated co-op game in which players form a company of dwarves to venture into the ancient kingdom for riches and fame.

Go to post

I'd love to understand what gameplay looked like... but I don't think I actually saw any in that video.

Looked a bit like Deep Rock Galactic with some base building? I saw some dwarves walking around, I saw the mining bit - the building/crafting part was just kinda glossed over (I guess it showed someone pounding something...)

Yeah, not the best reveal/announce video. Hopefully, something more in-depth will get put out soon.

Seems to be shooting themselves in the foot. Why limit it to dwarves? It would be much more interesting to choose your race from the world.

Seems to be shooting themselves in the foot. Why limit it to dwarves? It would be much more interesting to choose your race from the world.
Because Deep Rock Galactic is just dwarves?

Also, there's the MMO that's still running fairly strong if you want to pick your own race type thing -- the graphics are a bit dated these days though. Gollum is due out soonish, later this year I think? And the two Middle Earth games, which were not bad, but totally different gameplay.

Amazon was supposed to also have a new MMO from LOTRO, but it fell out last year.

Because Deep Rock Galactic is just dwarves?
What does that have to do with this?
Also, there's the MMO that's still running fairly strong if you want to pick your own race type thing -- the graphics are a bit dated these days though. Gollum is due out soonish, later this year I think? And the two Middle Earth games, which were not bad, but totally different gameplay.
So if one older game has it no other should? I don't understand the logic. It would make the game more interesting if all major races from the books were playable.

What does that have to do with this?

Because it's the game that it's a loose ripoff of?

Other races didn't really mine in the lore, at least no where near to the extent the dwarves did, so it makes sense for a LOTR game about mining to be about dwarves. I'm just providing you options if you can't stand dwarves but like lord of the rings.

Become a Patron!
Back