Euro PC Case Features Big Radiators on Each Side Panel

I won't be buying it... as I don't do custom loop stuff yet. But that is a VERY nice case if cooling is your number 1!

I like this concept. Thos massive radiators ought to provide some great cooling.

That said, the pricing is in nutso territory.

For that price I can build a system cooled with an acquarium water chiller and run slightly subambient (but above the dew point) and still have about $1000 left over.

Edit:
Also, the radiators are aluminum, so that's going to pout a damper on things. Can't use them with copper blocks, or you'll have galvanic corrosion due to dissimilar metals (they can write "anti-corrosion" all they want, that's not how it works) so you'll be stuck with aluminum water blocks, which is a bummer.

The more I read into the details, the less this looks like a good solution.

Last edited:
I like this concept. Thos massive radiators ought to provide some great cooling.

That said, the pricing is in nutso territory.

For that price I can build a system cooled with an acquarium water chiller and run slightly subambient (but above the dew point) and still have about $1000 left over.

Edit:
Also, the radiators are aluminum, so that's going to pout a damper on things. Can't use them with copper blocks, or you'll have galvanic corrosion due to dissimilar metals (they can write "anti-corrosion" all they want, that's not how it works) so you'll be stuck with aluminum water blocks, which is a bummer.

The more I read into the details, the less this looks like a good solution.
He did say they were hard coat anodized. If that's the case, it shouldn't corrode very easily. That's essentially what the milspec coating of 7075 T6 aluminum in AR-15 receivers is. I can attest to that being pretty resistant to corrosion.

On the other hand, I don't have that much in my cooling solution which includes two 360mm radiators, 7x Lian-Li Unifans, all the fittings, tubing, distro plate, EK Quantum squared CPU block, and a custom block for my GPU. I'm also not convinced this will cool all that well being passive. Then again, you do have a great deal of surface area.

We will see I guess.

As a 1st run I doubt it'll go far but kudos to them for trying something new. Hopefully, it gets case manufacturers to start working on some ideas of their own. At some point, somebody has to come up with something that's impressive and cost-effective.

I'm also not convinced this will cool all that well being passive. Then again, you do have a great deal of surface area.

You know, I didn't even notice it was passive. Shame on me for not studying it closer before commenting. I presumed some case fans drew some air over it. I'm sure one could mod it with some large quiet low speed fans to up the performance drastically, but I am already over this thing now.

As a 1st run I doubt it'll go far but kudos to them for trying something new. Hopefully, it gets case manufacturers to start working on some ideas of their own. At some point, somebody has to come up with something that's impressive and cost-effective.
It's certainly a very interesting concept, and quite different from what we usually see. Will be interesting if other case manufacturers run with this idea and improve upon it.

Become a Patron!
Back