Christian Bale Is Open to Playing Batman Again, but Only If Christopher Nolan Were to Return

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Christian Bale hasn't ruled out playing Batman again, but he would only do so on one condition: if Christopher Nolan was back in the director's chair.

Go to post

Nah, I'm Team Edward.... Er I mean I like Pattinson as Batman more. I think he looks the best in the suit and I really loved his and Matt Reeves' version. Don't get me wrong, Nolan's movies are superb with Dark Knight being a masterpiece but I'm really looking forward to see where Reeves/Pattinson go from here.

Yeah, can't say I'm really seeing a need for a return to the Nolan universe. Felt like it's story came to its conclusion - which I appreciate.

Now if Ledger was still alive, I'd want to see one final meeting between that Joker and Batman.

So, Bale bails from the role of Batman due to he was mostly tired of It (the reason for the terrible Dark Knight Rises story, etc., and why write it that Alfred is to be so sassy-mouth to his EMPLOYER 😏) he wanted to pursue other endeavors (IOW, "playing as Batman made me a huge MegaStar and I'll start getting other huge payout projects") but now, things did not go so well as planned, right? So, "let me go back to what made my career shine." Right?! 😏

Last edited:
I know I'm also in the minority with this but I wasn't a huge fan of him or Nolan's take on it either. I watched the 1st two, and struggled with the ridiculous voice he did for the character, and ultimately just skimmed through the third just to see how it all ended. I respect HL but wasn't a fan of that incarnation either but I put that more on Nolan than him.

I'm truly surprised as to how much I enjoyed what Reeves, and the whole crew, did and am honestly looking forward to a sequel. I haven't felt that way about a Batman, or Superman, movie in a very, very, long time.

Yeah hard to say that isn't great. I thought he did good in Begins just like in that scene. The voice didn't get silly until Dark Knight.

The only real problem I had with Bale as Batman was that he looked bad in the mask. He talks like he's chewing the inside of his cheeks and it's distracting as hell, at least to me.

I don't even remember his Batman, I hated the idea of Bataffleck, but it turned out great, and pattison is a vegetable where I live.

I don't even remember his Batman, I hated the idea of Bataffleck, but it turned out great, and pattison is a vegetable where I live.
Yeah, I was mixed on Affleck at first but then I ended up really liking the older version take on Bruce. I thought he also nailed the cynical humor side of Bruce as well. Never been a fan of Pattison but I do like his version as well.

Become a Patron!
Back