Obi-Wan Kenobi Was Originally Meant to Be a Movie Trilogy

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Obi-Wan Kenobi series could have comprised three feature films, according to Stuart Beattie, one of the show's credited writers, who was recently interviewed by The Direct and revealed that the series was originally pitched as a trilogy of movies in the vein of the original, prequel, and sequel trilogies.

Go to post

I think it would have been better as a movie than an anemic 6-episode season.
I guess if you waited until they all released and binged them, it would have been about the same effect though.

You know, this has me thinking that it wouldn't be that difficult to edit together footage from the series into a single 2-2 1/2 hour movie. I have a feeling that could be pretty cool. In my younger days, I would've done it since I had the energy and time on my hands but not these days. Oh well, it really seems like there's potential there.

I agree that it may have been better as a movie. It definitely picked up on the last two episodes which made it pretty good.

The series feels clunky to me, some good some bad. Haven't watched the last episode yet. I LOL'ed at the Anakin flashback scenes... Hayden looks like he is 40+ now, pretending to still be the teenage Anakin.

Hayden looks like he is 40+ now, pretending to still be the teenage Anakin.
Too true. They tried to mask it a bit with camera angles and the hood but you could still tell. That reminds me. I kept thinking during the whole series while the Jedi were being hunted, why do they all still wear that same getup? I mean, bounty hunters, the Empire, all looking for them and they totally stand out in any crowd. What the ?!? Seriously walk into a bar and ask if anyone's seen a Jedi and everyone looks at the one guy with a brown hood. Total facepalm.

Become a Patron!
Back