Next James Bond Film Will Be a “Reinvention” of the Iconic Character

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
James Bond is probably getting a complete makeover, according to series producer Barbara Broccoli, who revealed to Deadline during a private event in London this week that Eon Productions hasn't even begun looking for an actor to replace Daniel Craig yet because the next installment will be a "reinvention" of the character, one that will seemingly introduce a drastically different version of the iconic British spy who's typically known for his charm and preference for martinis that are shaken, not stirred.

Go to post

I did not love the Craig movies. Maybe they need to shelf Bond for a while and let it chill. But they probably won't, because $$$

I did not love the Craig movies. Maybe they need to shelf Bond for a while and let it chill. But they probably won't, because $$$
I didn't like him at first, but he grew on me. he ended being one of my favorites.

BTW I hear "reinvention" and I think black/asian/latin nonbinary, half muslim half budist fully LGBTQ+ compliant character.

I can’t decide if I want Clooney or Tom Cruise to be my next Bond

They/them xe/xie Bond, 00 stands for all the victim cards carried.

BTW, the last good Bond was Timothy Dalton, I didn't like Pierce Brosnan, and Craig is anathema to the character.

They/them xe/xie Bond, 00 stands for all the victim cards carried.

BTW, the last good Bond was Timothy Dalton, I didn't like Pierce Brosnan, and Craig is anathema to the character.

Goldeneye was good, but yeah all the other Pierce led Bond movies are groan worthy.

I didn't like him at first, but he grew on me. he ended being one of my favorites.

BTW I hear "reinvention" and I think black/asian/latin nonbinary, half muslim half budist fully LGBTQ+ compliant character.
This was my first thought. They'll "reinvent" the character for modern audiences. This sort of thing never seems to end well. You'd think Hollywood would have learned their lesson by now. It just goes to show you just how far out of touch these weirdos are from their audiences.

This was my first thought. They'll "reinvent" the character for modern audiences. This sort of thing never seems to end well. You'd think Hollywood would have learned their lesson by now. It just goes to show you just how far out of touch these weirdos are from their audiences.
TopGun Maverick shows that "Macho" characters still fit in Hollywood. At least on the current "definition" of the term.

TopGun Maverick shows that "Macho" characters still fit in Hollywood. At least on the current "definition" of the term.
Expendables pulled that off for a bit too. I still enjoy the 1st one for laughs.

Back to the reinvent:
Let's not forget it'll go from license to kill to license to use harsh language when not culturally inappropriate, approved by a committee, and doesn't offend anyone. Oh, I'm sure some genius writer is already working on a mad scientist who makes a time machine or such so they can do their own multiverse extravaganza.

Expendables pulled that off for a bit too. I still enjoy the 1st one for laughs.

Back to the reinvent:
Let's not forget it'll go from license to kill to license to use harsh language when not culturally inappropriate, approved by a committee, and doesn't offend anyone. Oh, I'm sure some genius writer is already working on a mad scientist who makes a time machine or such so they can do their own multiverse extravaganza.

I know, everyone and their GranMa are doing the multiverse/timetravel thing nowadays.

There is no need to re-invent anything that worked for better part of 50 years. I think the best thing that could happen with James Bond is taking it back to the 60s 70s. or 80s at the latest. Modern Bond is too generic. The weakest part of Craig Bonds apart from Craig himself was the lack of intimidating villains, and top henchmen, or henchwomen, because yes JB did that before most woke lunatics were even born.

Become a Patron!
Back