Tesla Vehicles Can Now Scan for Potholes and Adjust Suspension to Avoid Damage

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Potholes have become less of a concern for Tesla owners thanks to a software update that was recently sent out by the EV company.

Go to post

Wow.. palladium games.. ninjas and superspies.. book. Vehicle build options. Advanced suspension could scan the road ahead and adjust suspension on the fly. +15% to drive skill if I remember correctly.

Didn't Cadillac's have this like 20 some odd years ago?

Their system has issues scanning for obstacles to such a degree that there are literally hundreds of reports about it. What could possibly go wrong with this?

ejecto-seato-cuz.gif

Didn't Cadillac's have this like 20 some odd years ago?
I believe you are thinking of their magnoride system or whatever they called it. It's still an advanced system but it was reactive not proactive. This adjusts the suspension moments BEFORE the bump or dip to make the car react less to the interruption in otherwise smooth tarmac. I'm betting in an off road situation it would overheat. lol.

I believe you are thinking of their magnoride system or whatever they called it. It's still an advanced system but it was reactive not proactive. This adjusts the suspension moments BEFORE the bump or dip to make the car react less to the interruption in otherwise smooth tarmac. I'm betting in an off road situation it would overheat. lol.
You're right. It was their CVRSS.

After some digging it appears only Mercedes S-Class and BWM 7 series have scanning systems. Which is typically the case for new luxury tech.

Become a Patron!
Back