James Cameron Might Not Direct Avatar 4 and 5

I cannot believe they are even talking about making Avatar 4 and 5, when 2 and 3 aren't done yet (I think I read somewhere they are doing both at the same time..... this has not always worked out so great in the past)

regardless..... number of f*cks given for Avatar sequels = zero

Why is it always that the worst movies are the ones that get the most sequels?

The first blue person "Dances with Wolves / Pocahontas" was bad enough, or so I'm told. I never bothered watching it.

The sequels are probably only worse. Who knows. I'm not going to waste my time even reading reviews.

I cannot believe they are even talking about making Avatar 4 and 5, when 2 and 3 aren't done yet (I think I read somewhere they are doing both at the same time..... this has not always worked out so great in the past)

regardless..... number of f*cks given for Avatar sequels = zero
The only other movie series I can think of that was shot in one long shoot was the Lord of the Rings series and it was pretty freaking amazing. What are you thinking of?

The only other movie series I can think of that was shot in one long shoot was the Lord of the Rings series and it was pretty freaking amazing. What are you thinking of?

I thought I would be able to come up with more examples than BTTF 2 + 3 (fine), superman 1 + 2 (liked them as a kid anyway). But Matrix 2 + 3 definitely failed.

LOTR is in it's own category.

Yea I wouldn't have guessed on the matrix 2 and 3. 2 was ok... 3 made them both crap.

The sequels are probably only worse. Who knows. I'm not going to waste my time even reading reviews.
If he holds true to the carbon copy approach I'd expect GOT meets Squid Game and perhaps some Stranger Things thrown in while borrowing from Top Gun, Fast and Furious, and Jurassic Park for the action shots.

superman 1 + 2
The studio execs totally jacked those movies. Donner had a great vision for them.

But Matrix 2 + 3 definitely failed.
I'm so thankful that I've forgotten most of those two movies.

I'm so thankful that I've forgotten most of those two movies.
Yea the second movie could have been saved by the first by having Neo figure out that the place everyone thought they were escaping to was in reality a 'honeypot'. Basically a false environment to give a place for people to escape to that was literally not an escape. They were still inside the matrix just a different code set that their minds took as 'real'. And it would have made a LOT more sense too. Then could could have expanded on it by having an Outside the Matrix movie explaining that there are still natural people living in the world trying to hack their AI overlords but the real hackers the best are the ones that grew up in the matrix and learned how to naturally mess with it. Plus you know people need power and this fusion with human body heat really is efficient... so they made their OWN matrix outside of the matrix for these people to live in as they steal power. Something like that.

But no... they had to make Neo the robot Jesus and just piss all over everything that was cool about the franchise.

I heard it was basically Dances with Wolves in space. I passed on it after hearing that.
I wish someone had told me something about that dang movie before I and other friends wasted IMAX money to see it.

Become a Patron!
Back