Steve Jobs to Be Awarded Presidential Medal of Freedom

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Steve Jobs will be posthumously awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom, according to a new press release shared by the White House today that lists the latest recipients for the Nation’s highest civilian honor, an award that President Kennedy established in 1963 to recognize “individuals who have made exemplary contributions to the prosperity, values, or […]

Go to post

Oh for ****s sake.

The guy was an irrational tyrant, horrible to his employees and ruined tech forever by turning it from something pragmatic into a fashion accessory.

And unlike other tech billionaires he never gave a cent to charity.

He died because he refused to let his doctors treat his very treatable cancer, preferring "alternative" treatments instead.

He was not a goddamn hero.

I don't like speaking ill of the dead, but the man was a goddamn fool who corrupted an entire industry, and is completely unworthy of any praise, unless that praise is in regards to his marketing, which essentially is praise for how to manipulate people with shiny objects.

This article in Forbes from back when he passed says all you need to know:

I agree. Medal of Freedom for someone who helped create a business model that was anything but based on freedom. I use Apple devices like any other tool that works for the job but I have no illusion about what it's doing and done. The worst part has been watching industries emulate them due to their financial success.

Edit: For decades I've speculated and said that Apple has ties in high places within the US Government. This just goes to show that those ties know no party lines either.

Steve Jobs deserves to be studied in business school. Possibly as a cult leader.

But Medal of Freedom? No, no way. He wasn't a good guy.

Taking over where the last guy left off. I’m afraid from here on out finding public figures everyone loves/agrees on is going to be nigh impossible.

I don't know how anyone could agree on Steve Jobs deserving a Medal of Freedom. Guy was a dbag of epic proportions.

Uncompromising (not in the good way) prone to fits of rage, he had his entire office feeling like they were walking on eggshells.

He was the prime example of the type of "bad boss" people leave companies over.

It seems like an honest reflection of what our society values.
don't like speaking ill of the dead
I dare say that may have been his greatest contribution to the world. But I've also watched enough TV to know that the bad guys never stay dead, so it's a good idea to remain alert and on the lookout for a zombie roaming about wearing an Apple Watch and holding an iPhone. Though I suppose he'd blend right in with all the other smartphone-wielding zombies. 🧟‍♂️

I dare say that may have been his greatest contribution to the world. But I've also watched enough TV to know that the bad guys never stay dead, so it's a good idea to remain alert and on the lookout for a zombie roaming about wearing an Apple Watch and holding an iPhone. Though I suppose he'd blend right in with all the other smartphone-wielding zombies. 🧟‍♂️
just look for the black longneck sweater

just look for the black longneck sweater

Here are a few courtesy of Craiyon (Formerly Dall-E Mini)

craiyon_144229_zombie_steve_jobs_br_.pngcraiyon_144235_zombie_steve_jobs_photorealistic_br_.png

Become a Patron!
Back