Sharkoon Announces PureWriter RGB White Gaming Keyboards

...micro-b?...
I'm not sure about that either. On another part of the website it mentioned they could be plugged directly into a mobile device like a tablet or phone if that helps. The odd thing is that for modern stuff it should just be USB-C. That would make more sense. I feel we're at the point where USB-C is becoming the new standard for both mobile and desktop.

Edit: Just to add that overall I think these seem like nice keyboards. To some extent, the best of both worlds.

USB-C is... non-negotiable IMO. And we're already dealing with manufacturers 'creatively' implementing it in such a way as to inhibit the use of non-OEM cables by recessing the port and adding proprietary grooves and such. And Sharkoon has provided no pictures of the connector or port on their product page.

Further, they're using a low-profile design - cool - except that one cannot use standard Cherry MX keys. And while the boards do weight over one pound, the biggest addition to noise or noise control comes from the rest of the keyboard. Assuming that the keys are soldered on, if Sharkoon didn't pay special attention to internal dampening and proper lubrication in the right places, well, these keyboards are going to be pretty loud.

Become a Patron!
Back