PlayStation Store Users Will Lose Access to Purchased Studio Canal Movies, including John Wick, Saw, and More

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
PlayStation owners who purchased Studio Canal movies from the PlayStation Store will no longer have access to them in the near future.

Go to post

Yea that's crap and if I were a consumer bit by this I would be expecting a FULL refund or a link to another service where my account's purchases transitioned to.

Guess what movies I don't loose access to? Yeah, the ones sitting on my hard drives, or physical discs.
Yep. I always try to purchase physical editions for everything I really care about, and as much as possible, get the ones that include a digital code. The main digital-only exceptions are those that don't exist in physical format yet(i.e. there've been some unique situations where Prime/VUDU/Movies Anywhere had some kind of exclusive HD/4K version years before an official release) but there have not been many. On a couple of even rarer occasions, I've bought some 4K stuff on VUDU when it was on sale for around $5-$9.

Yea that's crap and if I were a consumer bit by this I would be expecting a FULL refund or a link to another service where my account's purchases transitioned to.
Exactly. They should work out an agreement with VUDU or Movies Anywhere similar to what Ultra Violet did when it went under and if not, as you said, a full refund.

Become a Patron!
Back