SAPPHIRE NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 6950 XT PURE Review

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
Introduction The AMD Radeon RX 6950 XT is AMD’s new flagship video card, with this SKU sitting at the very top-end of performance for desktop PC gaming from AMD. The AMD Radeon RX 6950 XT was announced in May of 2022 as part of AMD’s 2022 Spring Refresh. In May of 2022, AMD announced three […]

Go to post

Thanks @Brent_Justice for another great review.

Even though it's late in the game for this round of GPUs I'm still so glad to see AMD truly be competitive at the top tier. It's been a long time coming. Wow! Being able to OC to 2800 MHz is impressive bringing upwards of 20% improvement over the 6900XT and then also being able to trade blows with the 3090 Ti for rasterized performance is the frosting on the cake. Factor in availability at MSRP for roughly half the price of the 3090 Ti only makes it more attractive. Roughly $1100 for something of this caliber isn't that bad of a price.

That's a quite impressive boost clock.

When I first saw the stock clocks I was wondering if this just amounted to a factory overclocked 6900xt, as my 6900xt can certainly hit over those clocks, but once you overclocked it it was apparent it was a different animal. No way my 6900xt would sit stable at 2800mhz.

Become a Patron!
Back