MSI Reveals Full Specifications for WS WRX80 AMD Ryzen TR Motherboard

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
MSI has revealed the full specifications for its upcoming WS WRX80 AMD Ryzen Threadripper motherboard. Originally announced in March, the upcoming motherboard is designed...

Go to post

Yea that is a BEAST of a board... you could cram a LOT of I/O on that... or... 2 video cards. LOL. Those slots are NICE but if you want a video card of current gen you're burning generally at least 3 slots with them being that close together. And lets face it workstation's generally need a powerful video card, or none. Would be better served to have an external enclosure or a case with a extension for the video card so you can still use your other I/O cards you may need in the other 6 slots.

That's one sexy board.
Agreed.

I would definitely run one of these, if they weren't so expensive.

I just can't justify the cost of the Threadripper Pro.

I've been considering switching to a workstation + dedicated gaming rig setup instead of my all in one because I just can't seem to get my "one system that excels at everything" solution.

I should probably compare the costs to just going to a Threadripper Pro though, as I would like that.

So -
  • Modern Aquantia 10Gbit LAN
  • ...1Gbit Realtek LAN..
  • ...does anyone even know what constitutes 'AMD WIFI 6E'?
And there are only two M.2 slots, though presumably that's due to limited board space and plenty of lanes for AICs to do just that.

Those slots are NICE but if you want a video card of current gen you're burning generally at least 3 slots with them being that close together.
If you needed more than one 400W+ GPU, well, you should be hooking them up with water!

Become a Patron!
Back