Intel Core i9-13900K Engineering Sample Clocked at 5.5 GHz Shows FPS Gains Over i9-12900KF in Gaming

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
An Intel Core i9-13900K engineering sample with a P-core clock speed of 5.50 GHz all-core was benchmarked for its gaming performance. The Raptor Lake sample was tested in three resolutions...

Go to post

Considering how instantly the 12900k thermal throttles on the best of cooling in performance mode... what the fudge is the 13900k going to do?!

Considering how instantly the 12900k thermal throttles on the best of cooling in performance mode... what the fudge is the 13900k going to do?!
More cache for less well-behaved apps, better DDR5 memory speeds to keep the cores fed - current speeds are limited in part by the 12th gen IMC - and better thermal efficiency to keep boost speeds up.

With respect to gaming, higher clockspeeds are to be expected most of the time, as gaming represents only a moderate workload for top-end CPUs. Heavier workloads, like rendering or say compiling, will easily hit that throttling limit of course.

Become a Patron!
Back