Stray Gets over 60,000 Concurrent Players on Its Release Day on Steam

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Stray is off to an impressive start in getting over 60,000 players on Steam during its release day and it could be the indie breakout title of 2022. The cyberpunk cat-sim game managed to...

Go to post

Cat Simulator? From Annapurrna Interactive?

Based on the name, I was expecting them to be Indian, but apparently they are from the U.S.

I might try it. I enjoyed Goat Simulator for the laughs.

It's been a long time since I bought an indie title. I'm debating with myself if it is worth $29...

The fact that it is third person is a major repellent though.

Last edited:
I'm interested, but I typically don't like 3rd person platformers, so idk.

Trying to talk my wife into buying it (she is crazy about cats) so I can watch her play and I don't have to let it set in my library and regret buying it if it's like every other 3rd person platformer that I don't play.

I'm sorry to hear it man.

You get attached to the little buggers, and the cruelty of it all is the vastly mismatched lifespans between them and us.
Thank you. The two we put down were our two biggest personality cats who were around us constantly, so that makes it harder. All you can do is enjoy them while they are with you.

Trying to talk my wife into buying it (she is crazy about cats) so I can watch her play and I don't have to let it set in my library and regret buying it if it's like every other 3rd person platformer that I don't play.
My friend has been trying to get his wife (who is a really big cat lover) into video games for the past few years. Nothing was working. Tried all kinds of genres, tried a focus on co-op, tried different platforms, but no luck. Then this game came out, and was immediately available on the PlayStation subscription service, which he has. Now his wife is all over this game. I told him that he finally figured out what the magic is - none of the games he tried before hooked his wife in cuz they weren't focused on cats. Now he knows to go for the cat games if he wants her to play. Bad timing with this game though, cuz he finished off Elden Ring on PC not too long ago and now he's focusing on his PS5, which he hasn't gotten too much time to spend with yet cuz he unexpectedly got it when Elden Ring had just come out. He was just getting into Horizon Forbidden West, and now his wife is hogging the PS5 playing Stray.

Become a Patron!
Back