Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered PC Specs and Features Revealed: Higher-Quality Ray-Traced Mode, NVIDIA DLSS/DLAA, and More

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered launches for the PC next month, and it'll include many great features that set it apart from the PlayStation versions.

Go to post

I got screwed with Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War 4 cuz I played them on PS4 and never imagined they would be coming to PC. Luckily I haven't played Insomniac's Spider-Man yet. I started a file on my PS4 Pro when my bro got it one Christmas, but he lives on the other side of the continent so I didn't get very far. That's fine though, worked out for the best. Now I can play it on PC. If this keeps up, I won't ever need to get a PS5.

I got screwed with Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War 4 cuz I played them on PS4 and never imagined they would be coming to PC. Luckily I haven't played Insomniac's Spider-Man yet. I started a file on my PS4 Pro when my bro got it one Christmas, but he lives on the other side of the continent so I didn't get very far. That's fine though, worked out for the best. Now I can play it on PC. If this keeps up, I won't ever need to get a PS5.
Same, if I knew HZD will be released on PC, I'd never have bothered with it on PS. Playstation is OK, for interactive movies, but for shooters, hell no.

But fool me once, you can't get fooled again, I'm waiting for a PC release with everything else.

I have God of War for the PS4 and never played it, and thought about getting it for the PC because everyone brags about the visuals. I may pick up this Spider-Man game just because it sounds pretty good.

I have God of War for the PS4 and never played it, and thought about getting it for the PC because everyone brags about the visuals. I may pick up this Spider-Man game just because it sounds pretty good.
Spiderman is not a bad game, but it's like the Batman games from Rocksteady

I'm an Insomniac fan cuz of Spyro the Dragon and Ratchet and Clank. I didn't care for Sunset Overdrive, but I enjoyed Song of the Deep. I've never played any of the Resistance games. A friend and I started co-op in Fuse back during the 7th-gen days, but found out the character and campaign progression was tied to the one person who was allowed to sign into their account during a split-screen session. So the other player wouldn't be able to level up and improve their character. They were a "guest" and had to start from scratch every time. This made it hard to progress in the game. So we just stopped playing it. So yeah, most of my Insomniac experience is Spyro and R&C. I've heard good things about Spider-Man, and what little I played of my brother's copy on PS4 seemed promising. So I'm definitely down to check it out on PC.

I have God of War for the PS4 and never played it
Definitely check it out, preferably on PC, but a shame to let a copy you already own go to waste. Don't sleep on dat shiznit.

Same, if I knew HZD will be released on PC, I'd never have bothered with it on PS. Playstation is OK, for interactive movies, but for shooters, hell no.

But fool me once, you can't get fooled again, I'm waiting for a PC release with everything else.
A friend offered to let me borrow his PS5 to play his copy of Horizon Forbidden West when he was all up in Elden Ring, and when he went on vacation twice, but I just can't go through another Horizon game with a f*cking controller. That game series demands a lot of precise aiming and specific targeting. With FPS games or anything involving aiming and shooting, if I have an analog stick instead of a mouse it's like a drunk baby is playing. I've played plenty of FPS and 3rd-person shooters on consoles, and I have never been able to adapt. I need a f*cking mouse. Look at the Halo games, for example. On console I can barely survive on Normal difficulty, but with every game in Halo MCC on PC I can beat them on Legendary difficulty no problem (except Halo 1 and 2 which I can do on Heroic, Legendary is just too f*cking hard, though I can beat some levels on Legendary).

Yeah if I had even the smallest clue HZD was coming to PC I never would have played it on PS4. Having gone through it on PS4 and seeing the release of the PC version, I know not to ever play another one on console. When I played through the game I was borrowing both it and the PS4, but later I got my own PS4 and my own copy of the game (which I used to play through the DLC), again before we ever knew the game was coming to PC. With that game, GoW4, and Ghost of Tsushima (which I still hope comes to PC), I'm kinda screwed cuz all my save data is on PS4. I can move that data to PS5, but I can't use it on PC. I'd have to start from scratch with every game. I still need to play the DLC in GoT, so yeah I'm gonna be stuck doing that on console (probably gonna have to borrow a PS5 to do that). For everything else though, my @ss is waiting from now on. Let me get R&C: Rift Apart on PC please. HFW and GoW5: Ragnarok too. I always wait until at least halfway through a console generation (usually closer to the end of the generation) to get a console, so if Sony games keep coming out on PC, I may never need to get a PS5 at all. Microsoft doesn't have much in the way of notable exclusives these days, but any exclusives they do have end up on PC, so I'm already covered there. So I may actually never end up with a 9th-gen console (which is weird to me cuz I've had a console for every generation since the 2nd one).

i can't aim with a controller either, I had to lower the difficulty to "story" for some cauldrons and bossfights in HZD to be able to complete them. And HZD is one of the better playable games with a controller. Comparatively The Last of Us on PS3 was an absolute nightmare to play, that's why I'm looking forward to the remake despite everyone seemingly being against it. But if they upgrade it to have the same quality as TLOU2, then it will be worth trying again, especially when it comes to PC, hopefully this year.

I'm looking forward to this one. It's also nice because I wasn't expecting to get any new game(s) during the summer. It's all new to me, other than reading and keeping up with what people have already said (re: PS games in general) since I don't have any more consoles and the folks I still occasionally hang out with don't game. I enjoyed HZD and GOW so I actually do have high hopes for this one. I heard many great things about it and honestly, Spider-Man is a franchise that has been sorely neglected on PC. After the first Trey-Arch game they pretty much just threw trash at PC while giving the best to consoles, although SM3 was pretty cool for its story and graphics all the QT events just killed the game. There was also a Spiderman/Venom game, I forget the name but still have the physical copy that was pretty fun that came out right before DX10 and another (Shattered Dimensions?) that was decent as well.

Become a Patron!
Back