Regiments Is a Real-Time Tactical Game from MicroProse Set in 1989 Germany

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Regiments is a single-player real-time tactical game from MicroProse coming to PC on August 16 that is set in 1989 Germany as the flames of a new war flare up. Developed by Bird's...

Go to post

I don't know... the trailer looked very... late 90's to me.
It ~is~ Microprose after all.

It's the vegetation / ground effects. Almost looks cartoonish, like Breath of the Wild or something, then you slap photorealistic-type vehicles on top of it.

Yeah, I tend to forget they still exist. I agree though, the graphics could be better. I have a lot of fond memories of their games from the 80s-90s on my old Atari 8-bit and then in the MS-DOS days.

Whoah.

Microprose still exists?

Just seeing that logo makes me think of the late 80's / early 90's.

F-15 Strike Eagle II, Silent Service II, Sid Meier's Civilization, Rick Dangerous II, M1 Tank Platoon. Those were the days.

Here you go, for nostalgia's sake. Right from their website. I had F-19, Silent Service, Railroad Tycoon & Pirates (both of which I still occasionally replay), Civilization, and I'm sure some others that I don't see or remember.
1658923201031.png

Here you go, for nostalgia's sake. Right from their website. I had F-19, Silent Service, Railroad Tycoon & Pirates (both of which I still occasionally replay), Civilization, and I'm sure some others that I don't see or remember.
View attachment 1809

Yeah, my mind goes straight back to ~1988 - 1992 whenever I hear the name Microprose. (That and it also reminds me of a fictional software company name from the film Office Space)

I honestly had no idea they had done anything at all after the early 90's.

Become a Patron!
Back