Sherlock Holmes The Awakened Remake Announced by Frogwares

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Frogwares has announced that it is working on a Sherlock Holmes The Awakened remake that sees the game remade from the ground up. Originally released for PC in February 2007...

Go to post

That seems like an obscure title to remake but whatever.

Looks like pretty nice eye candy, let's just hope the game play is as good.

This just seems super odd to me given that Sherlock Holmes is essentially a public domain IP and character. Why remake a specific game? I don't think it was that popular. I've never heard of it. Plus, if you are remaking it from the ground up aren't you making an entire new game anyway? Seems odd to call it a remake.

Looking at the developer's catalog...

Most of it is Sherlock Holmes ... and of the little stuff that isn't, it's mostly public domain genres

So I guess they don't really have anything better to remaster >shrug<

I did also find this, and it may explain a good bit:

Looking at the developer's catalog...

Most of it is Sherlock Holmes ... and of the little stuff that isn't, it's mostly public domain genres

So I guess they don't really have anything better to remaster >shrug<

I did also find this, and it may explain a good bit:

Yep, Sherlock has been their main staple for a long time. I'm pretty sure the reason they chose this one is that it was one of the more popular entries, not to say many ever heard about it. I got it at Target back in the day for $9-$15 and was pretty happy with it. A few years back I saw the 'remastered' edition on Steam and it looks like I bought it but I don't remember ever going back for a replay. In 2007 it was fun as a 3d semi-open world puzzle-solving type of game. I'm not so sure how this remake will do but the original story was pretty cool.

Become a Patron!
Back