This PC Case Is Also an Aquarium

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
A Chinese company called MetalFish has listed what appears to be the perfect PC case for enthusiasts who also happen to be aquarists.

Go to post

It would be funny if it was also a reservoir for water cooling. I doubt the fish would be very happy about that.

It would be funny if it was also a reservoir for water cooling. I doubt the fish would be very happy about that.

Hehe, you'd have to control that temperature VERY well. And also be OK with growth :p

Unless you use a water to water heat exchanger.

I'm a sucker for aquariums, but wow, what a bitch to clean out. Not only do you have to dust the bottom, but scrape algea out of the top. And if you get the peanut butter in the chocolate, not only do you kill your computer but you kill the fish. Worst of all worlds right there.

Also -- couldn't you just set a regular *** aquarium on top of any old case, so long as they were similar size? This doesn't exactly look much different than that, except they moved the power/reset buttons up.

Why stop there?

Why not a PC case that is also a microwave oven, or built in to your cats litterbox?

I mean, if you want a concealed system you can already easily do that. There are mini cases that hang on monitor vesa mounts, or you could custom mount one under your desk. The options are endless. Combining it into a fishtank is just pointless.

Can't wait for Steve from GN to benchmark this thing

Now... can you forgo the fish.. put your AOI radiator in the tank and use pumps to push water through it while you game? Because... I bet that would work pretty well. Until alge or whatever clogs it all up.

Wow. Depending on your goal this could be a great way to slowly cook dinner while keeping it moist. A little OC goes a long way. I'm sorry but just seems like a really bad idea and temp regulation for that aquarium could be a hassle, I swear I've seen goldfish go belly up just by people breathing near the tank, plus I really don't like putting that much water that close to a PSU.

Anyone remember "I'm gonna get you sucka!" The goldfish high heels?

im-gonna-git-you-sucka-heels.gif

Huh, many years ago (like in the 2000s) I wondered about a PC case that was also an aquarium. I didn't think someone would actually try to make something like that. It uuuuhhhh it seems kinda suspect. I don't know about all this.

Haha yeah. I too was like "what if the fish tank itself was also the reservoir?"

I'm a sucker for aquariums, but wow, what a bitch to clean out.
Yeah I f*cking love aquariums, but I got too lazy to deal with all that sh1t (and any pets in general).

Why not a PC case that is also a microwave oven, or built in to your cats litterbox?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I lost it at litterbox!

I regularly read complaints from people unable to find basic understated PC cases that blend in with a typical office environment. Finally, that void has been filled. 🐟

Does the new ATX specification mention a connector for electric eels? Or does that require a separate adapter?

Also, is it just me or does MetalFish sound like a comic book villain? Hmm.... An Evil-themed PC. Sharks with laser beams... 🦈

Slap an RTX 40xx series card in there and you'll have enough heat to do some sous vide cooking!

Become a Patron!
Back