The CW Cancels The Flash after Nine Seasons Ending Its Arrowverse

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
The CW has announced that The Flash is the latest show to be canceled thus effectively ending its current Arrowverse group of TV series. The CW has canceled many shows between...

Go to post

I enjoyed the Arrowverse in the early days. As soon as they went full "woke" with Supergirl Season 3, it was downhill for the rest of the shows and any that followed. Frankly, the rating numbers for just about everything on the CW has been pretty appalling. I think they are either dismantling the network or they are looking to sell it off. I doubt it's been all that profitable for the last few years.

I think they are either dismantling the network or they are looking to sell it off. I doubt it's been all that profitable for the last few years.
I saw someone mention that yesterday on one of the sites I read about the Batgirl story on and yeah, I kind of felt the same. In the beginning, I liked some of Green Arrow because it really had the feel of the Mike Grell comics, which were fantastic, and then I liked the campiness of The Flash and Supergirl but after that, it just became too much for me.

I saw someone mention that yesterday on one of the sites I read about the Batgirl story on and yeah, I kind of felt the same. In the beginning, I liked some of Green Arrow because it really had the feel of the Mike Grell comics, which were fantastic, and then I liked the campiness of The Flash and Supergirl but after that, it just became too much for me.
Supergirl was a bit too "rawr girlpower!" in the beginning but at least it didn't try to tear down men to prop up its female characters. It wasn't the insufferable BS that most of these shows devolved into but it wasn't good either. When it moved to the CW I gave it a chance given the CW had primarily been doing a good job up to that point with its DC shows. I thought the second season was OK. I think it was getting better. Then in the third season they had this idiotic and rabidly anti-gun episode, I was out after that. Past that, I read that the following season went full woke so I never bothered to watch more. I saw all but the last season of Arrow. Legends of Tomorrow was fun for a time, but I just sort of lost track of it.

The Flash I thought was at least the most consistent. Yeah, it tried to be too emotional and dramatic at times but I generally enjoyed it. Again, I just sort of lost track of it and never saw anything past Season 6 or 7. Batwoman was DOA. The back door pilot off of the Flash was terrible and I knew it would be ****. The first episode of the actual show was horrendous. I was pretty much done with all of the Arrowverse at that point. I think it turned me off to the rest of them. I may have watched one more season of the Flash but called it quits after that. Batwoman ushered in a new era in the Arrowverse and it wasn't a good thing.

Black Lightning got moved into the Arrowverse too. I liked it well enough initially, but got bored after its second season. A lot of these shows got way too political and woke for my liking. I either got bored with the sameness of it all or sick of feeling like I was being lectured my a liberal-arts major every episode on how bad a person I must have been for simply existing.

Supergirl was a bit too "rawr girlpower!" in the beginning but at least it didn't try to tear down men to prop up its female characters. It wasn't the insufferable BS that most of these shows devolved into but it wasn't good either. When it moved to the CW I gave it a chance given the CW had primarily been doing a good job up to that point with its DC shows. I thought the second season was OK. I think it was getting better. Then in the third season they had this idiotic and rabidly anti-gun episode, I was out after that. Past that, I read that the following season went full woke so I never bothered to watch more. I saw all but the last season of Arrow. Legends of Tomorrow was fun for a time, but I just sort of lost track of it.

The Flash I thought was at least the most consistent. Yeah, it tried to be too emotional and dramatic at times but I generally enjoyed it. Again, I just sort of lost track of it and never saw anything past Season 6 or 7. Batwoman was DOA. The back door pilot off of the Flash was terrible and I knew it would be ****. The first episode of the actual show was horrendous. I was pretty much done with all of the Arrowverse at that point. I think it turned me off to the rest of them. I may have watched one more season of the Flash but called it quits after that. Batwoman ushered in a new era in the Arrowverse and it wasn't a good thing.

Black Lightning got moved into the Arrowverse too. I liked it well enough initially, but got bored after its second season. A lot of these shows got way too political and woke for my liking. I either got bored with the sameness of it all or sick of feeling like I was being lectured my a liberal-arts major every episode on how bad a person I must have been for simply existing.
Pretty much agree on all here. Its over simplifying but they all started out fun and then drowned in agendas afterward.

Become a Patron!
Back