Prey Is the Best Predator Movie since the Original, Critics Say

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Prey premieres on Hulu this Friday, and apparently, it'll be worth the wait.

Go to post

I'll give it a shot. I'll go in, as usual, with low expectations and simply hoping to make it through without it being a couch arm-cringing white-knuckle event like some other things I've watched in the last few years. Oddly enough I enjoyed the Predators movie but was never able to make it through the reboot/remake or whatever the heck to call the last one and to think I thought watching Gary Busey in the 2nd one was the low point(btw I do like him as an actor but that role was pretty rough). I like the first AVP even though I hated it wasn't future space marine stuff but couldn't stand the 2nd one.

Well, good reviews from non-paid reviewers are continuing to appear on the internet for this. I'm actually looking forward to watching it tonight and will probably put it on the wall.

One of my favorite review quotes so far: "Refreshing that they didn't take a female protagonist and Marysue the heck out of her character like Rey Skywalker, Mulan or Cpt Marvel."

I'm actually hearing good things about it from people that have seen it. Might want to give this one a go.

Huh, I'm gonna have to check this shiznit out too then.

Not giving away any spoilers but there's a scene with a grizzly that's pretty epic.
Additional not quite a spoiler:

there will be blood

But yeah, decent movie and better than average for the series. Also nice to see the butt-kicking actress from Legion take this on!

Its good, but not that good. The first 45 minutes or so are boring as hell, I was about to pull the plug, but it ended up being pretty good. I'd say its on par with predator 2.

This has to be a joke right? I just watched the first five minutes and I couldn't imagine it being any worse than what it is.

**** cgi, even ****tier greenscreens, and the actress who is supposed to be a warrior looks like a plump pampered royal princess, she looks so soft, that my mind cannot process what the movie wants to tell it.

Become a Patron!
Back