Sony Pays “Blocking Rights” to Keep Games off Xbox Game Pass, Claims Microsoft

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
If there's a game missing on Xbox Game Pass, its chief rival might be to blame.

Go to post

Raise your hand if this surprises you, or if you think Microsoft (or anyone else) isn't doing the exact same thing
At my day job, we and other agencies throughout the state are transitioning over to Azure. One of our contractors contacted me yesterday because another State-run agency that is using it sent a link for a teams meeting and they were not able to use it because Safari blocked it. I was surprised and googled it and found out that Apple is blocking teams but MS provided a workaround, still I was thinking how pathetic that was.

Yup, Teams and Exchange give me fits on my iPhone, and Exchange drives my OS X Mail client nuts.
Bummer. I'm mostly looking forward to us switching over but didn't know that was a thing until now. I'll definitely be looking into seeing if I can install Teams as an app on our company iPhones but I can already tell that I'll be hearing more about it from the rest of our contractors. oh well, it's always something. Not sure if we'll be using Exchange or not. Probably just Outlook but I'll find out next month when I start digging into this next big project. Just finished getting our new iPhones set up with new MDM software a month ago, and now rolling out GoTo to them and then Azure is next(at which point I'll happily retire our nearly 20-year-old servers that I've kept running for the last 5-10). After that, some well-earned time off as those are the last of the big projects for bringing our agency into the semi-modern world (when I took over IT duties the only tech we really had were P4 computers, some printers and scanners, and flip phones-to give a clue). It's taken 5-10 years to get this far and I can't list all the projects that preceded these.

Bummer. I'm mostly looking forward to us switching over but didn't know that was a thing until now. I'll definitely be looking into seeing if I can install Teams as an app on our company iPhones but I can already tell that I'll be hearing more about it from the rest of our contractors. oh well, it's always something. Not sure if we'll be using Exchange or not. Probably just Outlook but I'll find out next month when I start digging into this next big project. Just finished getting our new iPhones set up with new MDM software a month ago, and now rolling out GoTo to them and then Azure is next(at which point I'll happily retire our nearly 20-year-old servers that I've kept running for the last 5-10). After that, some well-earned time off as those are the last of the big projects for bringing our agency into the semi-modern world (when I took over IT duties the only tech we really had were P4 computers, some printers and scanners, and flip phones-to give a clue). It's taken 5-10 years to get this far and I can't list all the projects that preceded these.
Well, they work. Just not exactly how you'd expect.

Like, getting a calendar invite with a Teams meeting. Apple Calendar meshes well enough with Outlook/Exchange for CalDav, so invites go in well and work as you'd expect them on receipt. But if I try to send an invite out from my phone, it wants to go through Apple's server and comes up as some iCloud invitation thing --- probably a way to fix that in my account settings, but I haven't taken the time to figure it out as I don't send out a ton of invites.

But take that Teams invite on the calendar. If you "click here to join" - nothing happens. You have to open the additional Notes, and click the URL link from there. Then - half the time it will take you to the meeting. The other half of the time, it will open Teams, and just sit there at the basic Teams start screen. No idea why it's that inconsistent. It does eventually work, you just have to fidget with it for some reason.

And on Mail - I can be looking at an email in my Inbox. I go to search for that email - nothing older than 1 year will show up, nothing newer than 7 days. I have no idea why. It's very frustrating, as I use Mail as my filing cabinet and rely on Search to dig through it. That said, it doesn't always work any better if I try through Outlook either -- probably something with o365/exchange our IT dept has dorked up.

Well, they work. Just not exactly how you'd expect.

Like, getting a calendar invite with a Teams meeting. Apple Calendar meshes well enough with Outlook/Exchange for CalDav, so invites go in well and work as you'd expect them on receipt. But if I try to send an invite out from my phone, it wants to go through Apple's server and comes up as some iCloud invitation thing --- probably a way to fix that in my account settings, but I haven't taken the time to figure it out as I don't send out a ton of invites.

But take that Teams invite on the calendar. If you "click here to join" - nothing happens. You have to open the additional Notes, and click the URL link from there. Then - half the time it will take you to the meeting. The other half of the time, it will open Teams, and just sit there at the basic Teams start screen. No idea why it's that inconsistent. It does eventually work, you just have to fidget with it for some reason.

And on Mail - I can be looking at an email in my Inbox. I go to search for that email - nothing older than 1 year will show up, nothing newer than 7 days. I have no idea why. It's very frustrating, as I use Mail as my filing cabinet and rely on Search to dig through it. That said, it doesn't always work any better if I try through Outlook either -- probably something with o365/exchange our IT dept has dorked up.
Good to know and thanks!

Stuff like this is why people pirate things.

It's not about the money. It's about the "you **** with me, I **** with you".

Become a Patron!
Back