Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered Sees Fewer Players on Launch than God of War

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered released on Friday, and while its launch has been relatively strong, the game doesn't seem to be as popular as one of PlayStation's other blockbusters.

Go to post

Well I still plan to play it, cuz I don't own the game on PS4, don't own a PS5, and the PS4 copy I started a file in a few years ago belongs to my brother who lives on the other side of the continent. So yeah when this game goes on sale for $20 or less I'll be grabbing it on PC. Or whenever one of my friends buys it on Steam, and then I can access it through their Steam library share (although I still plan to buy a copy cuz Insomniac is one of the companies I support).

Maybe people are just getting tired of sloppy seconds.

I personally was never interested in the character, I can't take him seriously.

While it's true that this game did have fewer players than GOW at launch the other perspective on it is that it is the 2nd biggest launch Sony has had on PC so far. I think one of the things that will affect sales is that this game does need some serious hardware for the best experience to surpass what they could get with a PS5. As word gets around people could get cold feet until they are ready to upgrade their hardware. I don't believe it's a case of people tiring of sloppy seconds as I've read positive responses in many threads for PC users continuing to praise Sony and asking for even more games. For every negative post, I see there are at least five or more giving the game and Sony praise.

Game of War was probably the top exclusive title in the Playstation 4 lineup.

That said, it's a hard sell for a 4-5 year old game at $60...
In 2019 I paid $10 for a brand-new physical PS4 copy of God of War 4 (and a few other PS4 games) from Amazon.
Nintendo though, they loooove sellin' games that are several years old or older for full f*cking price.

Become a Patron!
Back