House of the Dragon Premiere Crashes HBO Max

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Despite all of the controversy over how Game of Thrones ended, the franchise appears to be more popular than ever.

Go to post

I can safely say I have zero interest in watching this. I see nothing that would interest me here. It has nothing to do with the atrocious last season of GOT. That shouldn't affect this show's quality. Except this seems to be the Gen Z version of GOT, I percieve it as cheap, and amateurish. There was better CGI in season 1 of GOT. What is going on in hollywood, really? 10 times more spent on shows and they all coming out looking worse than what we had 10 years ago!

HBO Max when I watched the new Dune had all kinds of delivery issues. So I'm not surprised a more main stream show that HBO is known for caused the service to go down. They simply can not afford to build to the peak demand the launch of these shows incurs. What they need to do is give people the ability to download the shows on launch day THEN watch them, or do like Netflix and work with ISP's to have local data repositories of their shows that are refreshed. That's why Netflix never has an issue with peak demand.

Wife dragged me to watch this.

It ... was almost exactly what I expected. The plot doesn't make any sense yet, with only one episode it's really just introducing the main cast -- which while some house names are familiar, you don't really know any of the personalities as of yet.

And the CGI was lackluster.

But maybe. Too soon to tell.

They did hack a dude's dude off, and you see the entire gory detail, so if you're into that stuff - you'll be happy.

Wife dragged me to watch this.

It ... was almost exactly what I expected. The plot doesn't make any sense yet, with only one episode it's really just introducing the main cast -- which while some house names are familiar, you don't really know any of the personalities as of yet.

And the CGI was lackluster.

But maybe. Too soon to tell.

They did hack a dude's dude off, and you see the entire gory detail, so if you're into that stuff - you'll be happy.
Thanks for the lowdown. We'll probably skip this but maybe I'll check it out later on. We lost interest around the 3rd or 4th season after it began to feel like the show was only aiming for shock value and at first, I liked the edginess of it but got bored with how it started to feel predictable in that regard. I'm kind of feeling the same way with The Boys and it's possible that I'll drop it come next season.

Become a Patron!
Back