BizLink DP80 Enhanced Full-Size DP Cable Is the 1st VESA Certified Full-Size DP80 Cable to Support the Newest Standard in the World

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
The BizLink DP80 enhanced full-size DP cable is the world's first of its kind to support the newest standard with a throughput of up to 80 Gbps. VESA unveiled its new DisplayPort 2.0...

Go to post

Yeah, cut it in half and squeeze the thermal paste into the cable, then tape it back together. Should cut your temps down by half (depending on the length of the cable)
I heard that doing that will also cut latency, improve framerates, and make RGB even brighter with more colors! I think Star Citizen is planning an update with it too.

I really hope these cables aren't exclusive to EGS. I only buy DRM-free GOG cables.

EDIT: Interesting, I didn't know that DP 2.0 was split into DP40 and DP80. I'd like to avoid a USB 3.X situation if you guys don't mind. Let's not go crazy with the different variations.

Last edited:
At least these cables are conforming to an actual quality standard. And not the hokum crap that Monster, and others, are peddling. I have a (not Monster) optical cable with an empty ferrite choke holder on it ffs. It was not horrendous price and I needed a cable there and then. Gave me a good laugh when I opened it.

More on topic: I have dealt with enough crap quality hdmi and dp cables to appreciate a high quality one. Nothing like trying to fix a mates 4K TV issues and find out he got some old crappy hdmi 1.2 cable or worse.

Yeah, cable quality is always an issue, and even when certified or using a name brand known to work there can be issues. I've probably got at least a dozen different brands in the house. I was lucky enough to find a deal and took a chance on a pair of HDMI 2.1 cables when I got my LG C2 but I had other cables, including one Monster, that didn't fully work for the PC but do still cut it for the 4K disc player. From DP to HDMI, I can't recall how many times I've run into an issue that ended up being cable related. The shorter runs are usually easier but anything over 6 feet tends to become a gamble but eventually I've been able to find something. Back track though, 80 Gbps, we're flying now folks!

Yeah, cable quality is always an issue, and even when certified or using a name brand known to work there can be issues. I've probably got at least a dozen different brands in the house. I was lucky enough to find a deal and took a chance on a pair of HDMI 2.1 cables when I got my LG C2 but I had other cables, including one Monster, that didn't fully work for the PC but do still cut it for the 4K disc player. From DP to HDMI, I can't recall how many times I've run into an issue that ended up being cable related. The shorter runs are usually easier but anything over 6 feet tends to become a gamble but eventually I've been able to find something. Back track though, 80 Gbps, we're flying now folks!

HDMI especially has been a sh!tshow. They kept changing the standards but the cables all looked the same. That was terrible idea. Should have changed the connector color (like blue usb 2, for example) or SOMETHING so you could tell them apart.

OTOH, 1 hdmi cable is SOOOOO much better than 3 component HD plus 2 for audio or a separate optical audio. So many cables.... so while hdmi has had it's issues it's still nice to just have a few wires.

Honestly though I kind of thought it would all be wireless by this point.

Yeah, cut it in half and squeeze the thermal paste into the cable, then tape it back together. Should cut your temps down by half (depending on the length of the cable)
Thanks. Stayed up all night testing, so what follows may not be coherent. Max stable OC was attained from Crest® Pro-Health™ paste. My overclock with Colgate® Advanced Whitening™ was stable but limited my FPS to 3000 at resolutions of "4K" and up, and crashed when playing open-world RPG games with goats or zombies. If that sounds ambiguous, it's because I can't remember whether the goats and zombies were actually in the game content, or participating in co-op mode (I warned you that I was tired).

What I learned is that the method of application is paramount to achieving a stable OC, regardless of the compound used. 🪥 It also turns out that applying the paste to the outside of the cable sheath as I had been doing was a bad idea — could have something to do with thermal transfer, if one believes in such things as "science".
I really hope these cables aren't exclusive to EGS. I only buy DRM-free GOG cables.
Tell me about it. How many cable launchers do we need? GOG cables are also compatible with Linux and FreeBSD. 🐧 Besides, cable piracy is mostly a thing of the past, now that streaming is all the rage.
HDMI especially has been a sh!tshow. They kept changing the standards but the cables all looked the same. That was terrible idea. Should have changed the connector color (like blue usb 2, for example) or SOMETHING so you could tell them apart.
The issue I (and others) have is that you can't always trust that the cable you're buying meets the advertised specifications. The market for cables is pretty bad. I want quality at a reasonable price without having to "research" something as simple as a cable. It shouldn't be that hard.

Speaking of cable quality... is there a consensus on Monoprice? I've never bought from them myself, though I've probably been more curious about some of the other stuff they sell; it isn't often that I need to buy cables.

Speaking of cable quality... is there a consensus on Monoprice? I've never bought from them myself, though I've probably been more curious about some of the other stuff they sell; it isn't often that I need to buy cables.
I can't speak for others, but I have a bunch of Monoprice HDMI and DP cables, including a couple of their 15ft Redmere single-direction HDMI cables that use a boosted electric signal or some sh1t to carry HDMI signals for longer distances, and I've never had a problem with any of the cables. Build quality seems very good, they do their job as expected, and I also like that they ship with covers for both male HDMI or DP ends. I've never really been able to figure out what the public opinion of Monoprice is though. I recall reading some years ago that some websites which test displays use Monoprice cables for their test and review equipment, but I don't recall which sites were those. So far Monoprice has held up for me.

I can’t say I’ve ever had a bad experience with monoprice.
I've got some optical HDMI cables from them. They've mostly held up but one crapped out after a couple of years of use but I attribute that to being walked on. It's the one feeding my 4K projector from the other side of the living room. It's under a thick carpet in the walk areas and a couch in between but I'm sure that still wasn't enough. Otherwise, mostly happy. I once got an HDMI switch from them that I had to return because it turned out it couldn't fully support HDMI 2.0 but they were understanding and made the RMA painless. Man, I could seriously write some books about all the experiences I've had with HDMI from the first gens to now. Really happy with 2.1 but getting the right cable is still the toughest part and even then you never really know how long until it might give for some reason.

Become a Patron!
Back