Nightdive Studios Confirms It Sold System Shock to Tencent and It’s Up to Them If Additional Games Get Made

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Nightdive Studios CEO Stephen Kick said at this year's Gamescom that it has officially sold the rights to System Shock to Tencent. There have been two System projects in the works, a third...

Go to post

After 5 years of delays the dude talks of luck. Has no shame whatsoever.

I want my money back, with interest and adjusted for inflation.

What a bunch of incompetent dipshits.

Nightdive is one of my favorite companies for their remasters/modern ports, but I did not ever believe the System Shock remake was gonna get done. I don't think these guys can actually make something from scratch. Probably best they let the IP go. Tencent certainly wasn't the best choice though. Don't hold your breath for a decent System Shock remake from them. Personally I wasn't interested in the remake so no real loss to me.

I didn't know there was also a System Shock 3 being made. So yeah, as I mentioned before, not sure these guys are able to make something original from the ground-up. But huh, they were working on 2 new games, couldn't get either done. Maybe they should have just worked on one game first. Stick to the remasters guys. Most of those turned out great.

System Shock 3 will be a reskinned mobile game with microtransactions and loot boxes. And it will be an Epic exclusive on PC.

System shock. Wow that takes me back. Like to the DOS days... shoutout to my old buddy, himem.sys... gotta have that extra 360k ram man!

Become a Patron!
Back