SilverStone Announces HELA 850R Platinum ATX 3.0 and PCIe Gen5 Power Supply

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
SilverStone announces its HELA 850R Platinum power supply featuring a 16-pin 12VHPWR PCIe connector that supports ATX 3.0 and PCIe Gen 5 standards. The new standards...

Go to post

So they've gone with a different validation scheme than 80+ platinum and went with a different company. I don't know that I like injecting another validation companies measurement into the mix. Wish they would have stuck with 80+ ratings. Makes me question the PS to be honest.

So they've gone with a different validation scheme than 80+ platinum and went with a different company.
Very sneaky.

I guess nothing is stopping any company from just saying "Super Awesome Platinum #1 Rated Top Efficiency Platinum Extra Double Platinum."

Very sneaky.

I guess nothing is stopping any company from just saying "Super Awesome Platinum #1 Rated Top Efficiency Platinum Extra Double Platinum."
I checked their website and they seem to be working for/on a lot of the big brands, (Seasoonic, FPS, Asus, Coolermaster, Corsair etc..) so who knows, might bne usefull, let's relaese Steve from GN on them :D

Yeah, I was looking at Seasonic's site this morning and noticed the Prime TX series had both an 80PLUS and Cybenetics Titanium efficiency certification. There was also a pleasant surprise: a Cybenetics Noise Level report.

These new certifications were announced by Intel in connection with the ATX 3.0 power supply specification. I don't recall the exact details and requirements offhand, but they were available from Intel's site last I checked. The involvement of Cybenetics in the certification process was acknowledged by Intel during the release of the spec, if that's any comfort.

So they've gone with a different validation scheme than 80+ platinum and went with a different company. I don't know that I like injecting another validation companies measurement into the mix. Wish they would have stuck with 80+ ratings. Makes me question the PS to be honest.
I wrote about this at [H]. Cybenetics is owned by Aris who does PSU reviews for Tom's. He sells "certifications" that have no legal or industry support or validation and then gets paid to review the same power supplies. To say it is sketchy would be polite. Scam would probably be closer to correct.

If you use the waybackmachine you can probably pull the [H] article.

Become a Patron!
Back