NVIDIA Is Rumored to Be Considering Variants for the GeForce RTX 4070 / 4080 Graphics Cards

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
NVIDIA is rumored to be eyeing multiple versions for two of its upcoming GeForce RTX 40-series graphics cards. The latest rumor involves the GeForce RTX 4080. This card is now...

Go to post

Ampere cards could launch this fall but other rumors painted a picture of retailers sitting on massive amounts of backstock of RTX 30 series cards needing to be sold first.
This is what I'm curious about.

This is what I'm curious about.
Me too. If it wasn't for that we'd probably be getting an official announcement and possible release this month. We have seen NV cards launch in August and September before but it's not known if backstock will change that. Some of the last rumors pointed toward November but who knows what will happen.

There is no such thing as a 3080 16GB.

The marketing strategy is to subdivide your product line to get more shelf space than your competitor. Thus, your brand is seen more. Increased exposure leads to increased savings. The more you buy, the more you save.

I really have a hard time believing that the 4080 and 4070 will come with such "small" bus. The gap between the 4080 and 4090 is huge just bandwidth wise. I would expect the 4080 to have at least the same bus as the RTX 3080 which would mean a 320bit bus and 20GB memory configuration and the RTX4070 having 16gb on a 256 bit bus.

Become a Patron!
Back