Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.6 (Edgerunners Update) Released with Free DLCs, Gameplay Fixes, Transmog, and More

Patching now. Seems to be a large one FYI.

Wow, that is a lot of fixes.
With this patch and the upcoming DLC, might be worth firing up.

Well, with this patch I finally got into playing this game. I've put about 50 hours into it since Monday. Finally got used to the controls and display layout and was able to dig into it. I'm really enjoying, it but man is it depressing. It seems to be a trend with CDPR in that side missions in both The Witcher 3 and CB2077 rarely if ever, have happy endings. I'm taking my time and grinding away at many of the side missions so I think I'm maybe around 40-50% through the main campaign (just averaging the 3 metrics it has and peeking at the overall mission lists on IGN).

The game, even with the new NV drivers, is still punishing at 4K and even with a 3090 Ti will average around 54 FPS with compromises. Definitely playable and enjoyable. I've been playing it on both my 4930K and 5800X3D rigs. The 5800X3D is smoother and faster but both are very similar for this game.

I have yet to play it fully, but I plan to, I was also waiting till it was patched up enough, and I guess this is as good as it's gonna get in that regard. In addition, now that 4090 is out, I think I want to play it on that for the best experience, so looks like I may start it toward the end of this year finally for a full push on playing it all the way through.

Wow. That's more hours than I put in at work. Nice.
Covid. We went to visit my folks last week and came back with something extra. We're both doing well now but have been home all week. I was just thinking about it and that should actually be 30 hours. Pretty sure I had 20 on there from all the times I just booted it up to test and a few times to get started but never progressed beyond the training sessions.

Covid. We went to visit my folks last week and came back with something extra.
Daaaaaaaaaaang! Glad you're all doing well now. Yeah, sick at home would be a good time to get some gaming in. Takes your mind off the sickness too.

My current rig is very long in the tooth and I'm waiting until my next PC to really get into CP2077. I have two buddies that played it and they really enjoyed it (well one of them is still in the middle of playing it). One of them has a 3700X with 3080 Ti at 1440p (and sometimes 4K on his OLED) and yeah the game is brutal on his system. The other guy used a 2700X and RX 5700 XT at 1440p, don't recall what the experience was like for him.

Daaaaaaaaaaang! Glad you're all doing well now. Yeah, sick at home would be a good time to get some gaming in. Takes your mind off the sickness too.

My current rig is very long in the tooth and I'm waiting until my next PC to really get into CP2077. I have two buddies that played it and they really enjoyed it (well one of them is still in the middle of playing it). One of them has a 3700X with 3080 Ti at 1440p (and sometimes 4K on his OLED) and yeah the game is brutal on his system. The other guy used a 2700X and RX 5700 XT at 1440p, don't recall what the experience was like for him.
Thanks! We both had our shots (wife couldn't do the booster-bad reaction to the 2nd shot but I had the 3rd but not the 4th as I had a reaction to the 3rd) so it's just been like a really bad cold that takes a week to get over but we're definitely over the worst of it.

CPU-wise I think your Haswell is good to good to go for this game but yeah, you'll need a stronger GPU. This game isn't as punishing on CPUs as like SM or HZD. RT really adds some pop. I've got basic settings off, DLSS at performance (probably the only game I need to go that low with for 4K right now, I usually keep at quality), and RT at medium. Otherwise, everything is maxed. G-Sync and the C2 make everything look smooth as can be except for those occasional dips into the 40s but otherwise if I didn't check in on the FPS here and there I wouldn't notice it being in the 50-60s. I could probably drop a couple of other settings down to gain some FPS but the IQ is fairly spectacular and I'm happy with it as is.

Become a Patron!
Back