Red Dead Redemption 2 Title Update 1.31 Adds AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.0 Support, New Content and Features, and More

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Rockstar Games has released Title Update 1.31 for the PC, PS4, and Xbox One versions of Red Dead Redemption 2.

Go to post

I remember trying this game out on sale a while back and then got it refunded. Just not my cup of tea.

It's interesting how this and CB2077 announced updates/DLC on the same day. Both are games I hope to one day finish and both are games I've had a difficult time getting engaged with. I think both look great but just can't seem to get fully immersed in them yet. CB is still high on my list something but I'm losing track of how many times I've restarted RDR2. The 10-minute launch doesn't help it either.

It's interesting how this and CB2077 announced updates/DLC on the same day. Both are games I hope to one day finish and both are games I've had a difficult time getting engaged with. I think both look great but just can't seem to get fully immersed in them yet. CB is still high on my list something but I'm losing track of how many times I've restarted RDR2. The 10-minute launch doesn't help it either.
I really enjoyed RDR1 (why the f*ck is that still not on PC?!), but haven't had a chance to play or even really check out the second game. I don't know much about it, other than it takes place before RDR1. I appreciate that it uses both Vulkan and DX12, with Vulkan being the default/better choice. A few friends who played it really enjoyed it, and said I should definitely check it out. I hope to get around to it at some point. CP2077 I f*cked around with for several hours, but that was back during the early broken days, and on hardware (and OS) that wasn't really suited for it, so I wasn't playing that file seriously. That's another game I intend on revisiting in the future, and putting more serious effort into. I really enjoyed Witcher 2 and especially 3, so I hope I have as much fun with CP2077.

RDR2 takes like 10 minutes to launch?! And I thought GTA V was bad (although at the time I was loading it from an HDD). I never liked how the game doesn't have a title screen or main menu. As soon as you launch GTA V it loads straight into the game. Can't even get into the options menu or do anything until that is done. If you take college-level game design courses, they teach you about how it's considered very bad practice to make a game that either requires loading just to get to the title screen, or doesn't have a title screen at all. I agree. So does RDR2 do the same bullsh1t?

RDR2 takes like 10 minutes to launch?!
Nah, I was exaggerating but it is pretty bad. It's just that with my rig I'm spoiled that most things are a few seconds, maybe 10+ tops, and this thing is upwards of a full minute. I haven't really clocked it but it is one of those moments where you click, stare, stare some more, and eventually, it's up and running. I do enjoy it but never stay engaged past getting down from the mountain. I think I've done 3-4 missions after that and then keep putting it back down. I do hope to try and get back but pretty sure the CB is next after SM, but I'm also hankering to get back to the side missions in Horizon and GOW, and maybe finishing Ghostwire but I'm a little bored with that one too.

Yea RDR2 is a LONG time launching. I'm just surprised ok it's rockstar not THAT surprised they are still maintaining this game and updating it with new features.

Yea RDR2 is a LONG time launching. I'm just surprised ok it's rockstar not THAT surprised they are still maintaining this game and updating it with new features.
Too true. It may take the better part of a decade or more to get a game out anymore but they do commit resources to what they have. The only slam I'd give is for the GTA remastered/bundle launch a while back but I never tried it so I don't really know how bad it truly was.

I was thinking more about RDR2 launch times and I forgot to mention how it takes a bit just to get past the Rockstar launcher and then you get to wait again once you click continue. I think the entire process is in the minutes range. Oh well, just gotta keep reminding myself of the tape drive days where a good game could take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour to load.

RDR2 is about 90s to get into the online part of the game, on either my 4790k or old FX8350. I don't know about single player save load times off hand. It was faster than GTA online for about a year on PC until a modder showed Rockstar how to fix their horrible code to speed up GTA load times by 50%.

RDR2 is about 90s to get into the online part of the game, on either my 4790k or old FX8350. I don't know about single player save load times off hand. It was faster than GTA online for about a year on PC until a modder showed Rockstar how to fix their horrible code to speed up GTA load times by 50%.
I can honestly say that I've only tried the online portion once and that was at release by accident. I think my wife was asking me something and I looked away while I was clicking and didn't realize it until it started. I exited out shortly after I realized what happened and that was the last time.

Never played the online portion of GTA V, forgot it even existed, and I don't think I knew that RDR2 had online shiznit either. Maybe I did but forgot. Not really the kind of stuff I pay attention to.

What would have been cool is if you could do 3P co-op in GTA V, with each player being one of the 3 main characters. That would have been awesome for the heist missions and such.

It was faster than GTA online for about a year on PC until a modder showed Rockstar how to fix their horrible code to speed up GTA load times by 50%.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA yeah I remember that: https://nee.lv/2021/02/28/How-I-cut-GTA-Online-loading-times-by-70/

Cheap-@ss Rockstar probably didn't even pay him, or reward him with anything.

Become a Patron!
Back