Drop + MiTo MT3 Noctua Keycap Set Lets Users Customize Their Keyboards in Iconic Beige and Brown Colors

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Drop Studios has partnered with MiTo and Noctua to offer a new set of keycaps featuring the premium cooling component manufacturer's iconic beige and brown color scheme. The keycaps...

Go to post

What? :LOL:

There are people who actually like the Noctua color scheme?

Every time it is mentioned I hear the same comment...

Great fans, I wish they just didn't have that ugly beige-brown color scheme.

I had taken this for one of those ultra-rare near universal perspectives :p

That reminds me:

I think the color scheme probably stands out the least on the keyboards, if only because it's no longer possible for any color scheme to stand out among keyboards. That and beige colored keyboards used to be standard. The keyboard pictured in the article wouldn't be my first choice in terms of color, but I wouldn't be embarrassed by it either.

beige colored keyboards used to be standard.
Yep, I still remember those old Atari/Apple IIe days and think some IBM stuff as well. The cases were always that beige scheme with brown, black, and sometimes grey keys.

I never really cared... thinking back... I've ran my fair share of cases from my first Packard Bell 480sx20 that was mine to the Tandy Portable computers I'd play games on in 4 shades of orange that were the portable computer my mom could bring home from work when I was a kiddo. to the first beige tower PC I owned that after upgrades ran so hot I could prop my feet up on top of the case to keep them warm. (power supply eventually cooked and was replaced of course.). And on and on down the line... I think the first non beige PC I had was an... was it antek? Sonata case. Piano black. Front cover over the floppy and CDrom drive and front buttons... I think I sitll have that in a closet somewhere with an I5 based system in it from over a decade ago.
Oh no that's the Sonata 2.

Become a Patron!
Back