Eidos-Montréal Announces That It Now Owns the Games It Has Developed

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Eidos-Montréal has updated its Terms of Service and Privacy Notice to announce that it now owns the games that it has developed. The announcement follows the acquisition of Square...

Go to post

"...and the controller of the data obtained from the various gameplay metrics tracked in its titles."

I have long suspected that games were collecting user data just like other software does these days, but this is actually the first time I've seen it spelled out in writing, at least in non-vague legaleeze.

I'd rather Eidos Montreal control it than Square Enix, but ideally it shouldn't exist at all.

"...and the controller of the data obtained from the various gameplay metrics tracked in its titles."

I have long suspected that games were collecting user data just like other software does these days, but this is actually the first time I've seen it spelled out in writing, at least in non-vague legaleeze.

I'd rather Eidos Montreal control it than Square Enix, but ideally it shouldn't exist at all.
It just occurred to me that it'd be funny to see the metrics for how many times benchmarks were run after each GPU/CPU release period. I'm sure they're looking at other things but that would be something I'd be curious about considering how many I run every time I do an upgrade.

Become a Patron!
Back